Frame protection

After a search on here I found that the wax coating used on our frames is made by the Daubert Chemical Company - "Nox-Rust X-121-B" In the north east i have to deal with salt for almost 6 months out to the year.. so i figured i would try and find the same stuff so I can re-apply it every spring where it wore off or rust looks like its forming. The only place i could find it available is on their website : http://store.daubert.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=D&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=Noxrust&Product_Code=1786060

They sell single cans for $15 as well. That's the way I went. Figured if it does the job, and keeps my frame looking good, I can get a few people in my area to go in on a case with me. Cheaper that way.

It is pricey but since I plan to have this truck for a while, its worth it. My guess is i wont be able to apply this until April sometime but once I do I'll get some pics up..

You'd be much better off scraping off all the crap, and painting the whole chassis with a proper rust encapuslator paint and chassis topcoat.

yea i seen someone post somewhere on here about doing that... I dont have the patience for that haha. Maybe when the time comes to throw a lift on it i will.

You'd be much better off scraping off all the crap, and painting the whole chassis with a proper rust encapuslator paint and chassis topcoat.

yea i seen someone post somewhere on here about doing that... I dont have the patience for that haha. Maybe when the time comes to throw a lift on it i will.

I did the visible parts of my frame when I did my body lift and I'm planning on doing the whole undercarriage in the near future. It is time consuming for sure

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got to use some of this over the weekend. Hit 60-70 both saturday and sunday. wooo! 30's again today. anyways.. i did the part of my frame exposed in the rear wheel well. 2 thin coats.. LOOKS LIKE NEW! its only been a couple days so well see how it holds up. Drove through a little rain and still looks fresh. Looks like i will be using this until I have the ambition to scrape and re-paint my frame. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived