Anyone else with a new 2014 Sierra having an issue with the frame rusting and paint/wax flaking off? I have 3000 kms and it looks horrible. I also own a 2011 Canyon service truck with 105kms and the frame looks like new. So irriating as my Sierra is a beautiful truck aside

Ya talk about frustrating, I just cleaned the snow off mine this morning and I noticed there's all surface rust spots along the front bumper. Not very pleased at all, the trucks only 6 months old.

First complaint I've had about the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I'm doubting that, there all on the top line of the bumper all the way across. There not just random spots on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a TSB out on this, GM had some problems with the wax coating on a small run of trucks. Take it into the dealer as the TSB gives direction on how they are to repair it.

I remember that when I had my truck on a lift, frame coating in contact areas with lift rubber pads came off and stuck to the pads. I just recoated the bare spots with rubberized undercoating. If the spots are small and there is rust present, you can just brush it with wire brush and spray on some undercoating.

I don't have a problem with the frame, but the rear axle has light surface rust on the shock mounts and diff cover. I live in S Fla. And haven't seen salt

This is very common on these trucks. Mine truck has it too. I went as far as ordering a new differential cover and to my surprise, it was bare metal, not even primed, and had rust spots on it already! Plus it had an extra fill plug and no drain plug. I returned it becuase i would have had to sand and repaitn the new cover, so I just might repaint my old one.

The best solution for the differential cover rust is to wire brush the cover with drill powered wire brush on the truck, then prime with black primer and give it several coats of black enamel from a spray can.

This is very common on these trucks. Mine truck has it too. I went as far as ordering a new differential cover and to my surprise, it was bare metal, not even primed, and had rust spots on it already! Plus it had an extra fill plug and no drain plug. I returned it becuase i would have had to sand and repaitn the new cover, so I just might repaint my old one.

The best solution for the differential cover rust is to wire brush the cover with drill powered wire brush on the truck, then prime with black primer and give it several coats of black enamel from a spray can.

I was looking for a polished stainless steel one for mine. Can't find it online anywhere.

Count me in for the rust! I've been playing with the air pressure in my tires to see if it makes a difference in the ride and vibration that I feel, and I was letting air out of the left rear tire and noticed my undercoating cracking and peeling with rust under it. Look under the truck and found more under the area of the rear door. I have spots of rust hear and there all over the frame and that's probably somewhat normal, more of a bleed through and my deaIer had my truck up on a hoist at least 3 times and where the pads touch the frame the wax came off and it's rusting. That suff Is going to happen to all the trucks but it should be peeling and cracking off in non wear areas. Checked the right side and so far it's ok but I bet it's just a matter of time.

I'll try to get some pics up.

Edited by Silver Spaceship

i noticed on my frame this weekend to that the ''wax'' paint can be scraped off with my finger..why dont they paint these frames with paint! im worried the pressure washer is gonna chew that stuff right off..i want my old 04 painted frame back..