2014+ Leveling Kits

just bought my first real truck.. 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT z71 4x4 in summit white, loaded out with everything including the 22" SYE chrome wheels. Absolutely love it! Doing a linex bedliner tomorow and this weekend Im going to install the RC 2.5" leveling kit but I think Ill leave the stock rear block in first to see how that looks.. I think the 2.5" front w/ stock rear block should be level or maybe the rear .5" above the rear on mine..

Will update with pics!

I actually ordered the rc 2" front leveling kit first, and then ordered the .5" extra for the front and the 2" rear block, if I needed either after first trying the 2"...

well I got the 2" front kit today.. the front spacers only measure 1"...????

Got my RC 2.5" leveling kit in the mail today and plan to have it put on tomorow. Before and after pics with measurements will be included.

Anyone have some tips on doing this job alone in a driveway?

• Like 2

I actually ordered the rc 2" front leveling kit first, and then ordered the .5" extra for the front and the 2" rear block, if I needed either after first trying the 2"...

well I got the 2" front kit today.. the front spacers only measure 1"...????

They give two inches of lift though. And go between the lower control arm and strut.

• Like 1

Got my RC 2.5" leveling kit in the mail today and plan to have it put on tomorow. Before and after pics with measurements will be included.

It def helps to have an extra set of hands for sure, the hardest nut for sure is the upper ball joint since u can only get a wrench on it and not a socket, a cheater bar helps. Also from personal experience i wouldn't take anything off all the way just loosen everything it tells u to and its a lot easier, and yes go get it aligned afterwards to make sure the tie rods and everything are correct and tight (mine was off on one side for whatever reason).

do your plastic c block spacers for the front measure to 2"?

Due to the way the suspension geometry works, a spacer provides 2 times the lift as thickness. So a 1 inch thick spacer will give 2 inches of total lift. It's roughly a 2:1 ratio.

Didn't actually measure it but looking at the part it appears to be 1". From my understanding there is a part measement to lift ratio.

It def helps to have an extra set of hands for sure, the hardest nut for sure is the upper ball joint since u can only get a wrench on it and not a socket, a cheater bar helps. Also from personal experience i wouldn't take anything off all the way just loosen everything it tells u to and its a lot easier, and yes go get it aligned afterwards to make sure the tie rods and everything are correct and tight (mine was off on one side for whatever reason).

Thanks for the heads up. hopefully all goes well and I have pics for yall tomorow.

My biggest tip would be to loosen the sway bar on both sides, this will give the you a little more flex on the suspension allowing the lower block to be installed easier.just my 2 cents.

A set of ratcheting box end wrenches are worth their weight in gold for installing the lift in my opinion. I did the lift by myself in my driveway and it took me about 2.5-3 hours. Extra set of hands definitely helps but it is very doable with by yourself. Good luck.

• Like 1

PUT my RC 2.5" level on today. Only did the front and left the rear alone.

Well from beginning measurement to the eding measurement took about 4 hours roughly. Had some trouble finding the right tools in the jungle of a garage haha.

beginning measurement was

front 36 1/2"

Rear 39"

Ending measurements

Front 39"

rear 39"

To be clear this is a chevy 1500 crew cab 4x4 standard bed On stock 18" wheels and P 265/65 tires

Now to figure out how to download pictures from my phone haha

PUT my RC 2.5" level on today. Only did the front and left the rear alone.

Well from beginning measurement to the eding measurement took about 4 hours roughly. Had some trouble finding the right tools in the jungle of a garage haha.

beginning measurement was

front 36 1/2"

Rear 39"

Ending measurements

Front 39"

rear 39"

To be clear this is a chevy 1500 crew cab 4x4 standard bed On stock 18" wheels and P 265/65 tires

Now to figure out how to download pictures from my phone haha

Here's some ways to post pictures:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/167827-how-to-upload-photos-to-the-forum/

Post em up :cheers: