2014+ Leveling Kits

Are your wheels 18×9? I was just looking at discoverer st maxx 275/70/18 and was wondering if they would fit a 9" wide wheel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Based on his above post, he has 20in wheels, not 18s. He had stated his tire size was 275/60/r20. With that tire size, my assumption would be a common 20x9 wheel, but I don't know for sure.

Generally a 275mm tire would fit a 9in wide wheel, but all tires are different. I had just checked the Nitto G2 sizes and they don't recommend putting that size of G2 onto anything wider than 8.5.

I believe I've seen a couple people here mention having 275/70/18s though.

Edited by Big Red 'Rado

Are your wheels 18×9? I was just looking at discoverer st maxx 275/70/18 and was wondering if they would fit a 9" wide wheel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have 20x9. I know you are looking for an 18". That's why I added I have a 34" overall tire.

Based on his above post, he has 20in wheels, not 18s. He had stated his tire size was 275/60/r20. With that tire size, my assumption would be a common 20x9 wheel, but I don't know for sure.

Generally a 275mm tire would fit a 9in wide wheel, but all tires are different. I had just checked the Nitto G2 sizes and they don't recommend putting that size of G2 onto anything wider than 8.5.

I believe I've seen a couple people here mention having 275/70/18s though.

Yes sir. 20x9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the 275/70/18, Cooper's website puts it at a 33.39in height. Awhile back I'd seen somebody mention running a 33.21in tall tire without a level. Not sure how close they were with that, but my guess would be that the extra .18 in height shouldn't be detrimental.

That was what somebody said, but who knows how closely they were monitoring for rub and such. Some people pay more attention than others when listening/feeling for small variations in their vehicles. Your best bet would be to ask your tire dealer if they can do a test fit.

Edited by Big Red 'Rado

Regarding the 275/70/18, Cooper's website puts it at a 33.39in height. Awhile back I'd seen somebody mention running a 33.21in tall tire without a level. Not sure how close they were with that, but my guess would be that the extra .18 in height shouldn't be detrimental.

That was what somebody said, but who knows how closely they were monitoring for rub and such. Some people pay more attention than others when listening/feeling for small variations in their vehicles. Your best bet would be to ask your tire dealer if they can do a test fit.

This is very true. I if you want to fit a big tire under these trucks you have to balance wheel offset and tire width. I knew I couldn't go 33x12.5 or 305/55-20 without rubbing. When I saw on the test fit the issue was width and offset, we tried the slimmer tire and got another 1" of diameter. Increased my ground clearance which was my goal. So although I would love a wider tire my goal was ground clearance and that's what I got.

I have a 2014 silverado 1500 with a 2" rough country front only level. Just got myself a set of 18×9 xd hoss wheels with a +18 offset. Anyone think I would be able to clear either 275/70/18 or 285/65/18 without any rubbing or trimming? Greatly appreciate the help.

Yes, both will fit, no problem.

This is very true. I if you want to fit a big tire under these trucks you have to balance wheel offset and tire width. I knew I couldn't go 33x12.5 or 305/55-20 without rubbing. When I saw on the test fit the issue was width and offset, we tried the slimmer tire and got another 1" of diameter. Increased my ground clearance which was my goal. So although I would love a wider tire my goal was ground clearance and that's what I got.

What height of level did you have (sorry if you've mentioned it before), and also what was your wheel offset? And did they actually toss up a 305/55/20 during the test fit?? I was thinking the 305/55/20 would be tight, but still clearable.

My wheels are 20x9 +15 offset on a '14 double cab with a 2" motofab level.

(this is all stuff that has gone through my head, I'm not making claims that it successfully fit, just thoughts that it could)

What height of level did you have (sorry if you've mentioned it before), and also what was your wheel offset? And did they actually toss up a 305/55/20 during the test fit?? I was thinking the 305/55/20 would be tight, but still clearable.

My wheels are 20x9 +15 offset on a '14 double cab with a 2" motofab level.

(this is all stuff that has gone through my head, I'm not making claims that it successfully fit, just thoughts that it could)

We test fit the same wheels 20x9+15 with both tires. The 305/55-20 just rubber slightly at full lock. The 275/65-20 just clears without rubbing at full lock. I have a RC 2" lower level block.

We test fit the same wheels 20x9+15 with both tires. The 305/55-20 just rubber slightly at full lock. The 275/65-20 just clears without rubbing at full lock. I have a RC 2" lower level block.

Was it just rubbing the liner, or did it look like it was going to hit UCA/Swaybar? Like, do you think zip tying the liner would have fixed it, or was it hitting something physically mechanical?

Was it just rubbing the liner, or did it look like it was going to hit UCA/Swaybar? Like, do you think zip tying the liner would have fixed it, or was it hitting something physically mechanical?

Fender liner only. The offset gives plenty of uca clearance. I'll take a picture of the uca with my current wheels and tires. The 305 tire is only 3cm wider on the inside of the wheel well.

So I have these factory 22's on the 16 silverado 1500 4x4 z71 lt, and put the readylift 2.25" on the front. I'll be damned it looks pretty good but I really want a more aggressive looking tire and one that fills up the wheel well and gives me even more ride height. I've read and read these posts and it's exhausting to scroll through them all looking for options I have. Does anyone run a taller beefier tire that gives them a taller ride height and can fit on the factory 22" wheels? Again I know the 2.25" ready lift level kit should help but I'd like to hear from someone with experience and see some pictures. Thanks in advance guys!! 0f143802ab13082a3cba9349a28dc4bf.jpg

Edited by Houseopayne
  • Like 2

So I have these factory 22's on the 16 silverado 1500 4x4 z71 lt, and put the readylift 2.25" on the front. I'll be damned it looks pretty good but I really want a more aggressive looking tire and one that fills up the wheel well and gives me even more ride height. I've read and read these posts and it's exhausting to scroll through them all looking for options I have. Does anyone run a taller beefier tire that gives them a taller ride height and can fit on the factory 22" wheels? Again I know the 2.25" ready lift level kit should help but I'd like to hear from someone with experience and see some pictures. Thanks in advance guys!! 0f143802ab13082a3cba9349a28dc4bf.jpg

I would recommend 285/50/22 as a safe/"beefy" tire. That would put you around 33.3" tall tire. Or if you want to go a little wider, you could try the 305/45/22, which is like 32.9h and 11.93w, but it could be snug (possibly even requiring you to zip tie the liners).

• Like 1

Just got my 2016 all finished up a few weeks back - maintained about 3/4" of rake, but looks pretty level to the eye

Bilstein 5100 all around

OEM 20" GMC A/T wheels

stock tires for now - soon to be either 33x12.5 or 295/55 (33x12) Toyo M/T

20% tint all around/50% windshield

Front - 2.5 inch (combination of bilstein 5100 set to 1.25 and 1.25 top spacer)

Rear - 1 inch (replaced 1.25 stock with 2.25) w/bilstein 5100

F - 39"

R - 39.75"

Picture is the day I bought it vs. how it sits today :)

post-160004-0-15637000-1484597565_thumb.jpg

Edited by Travis1024
  • Like 2