2014+ Leveling Kits

Installed. 2" RC level kit today. All I did was disconnect the bottom of the strut and loosened the ball joint and I was able to slide the level blocks in at the bottom. Took me 35 minutes a side. Anyone else install them like this vs taking everything apart?

Man I wish mine went that easy today. I could not get the upper ball joint free on the passenger side. Hammered the hell out of it and even tried a ball joint release tool (pickle fork) but never got it free. Brand new truck and I hated hammering on it like that too. Ended up putting it back together. Any ideas out there??

Edited by '17 Sierra

Man I wish mine went that easy today. I could not get the upper ball joint free on the passenger side. Hammered the hell out of it and even tried a ball joint realize tool (pickle fork) but never got it free. Ended up putting it back together. Brand new truck and I hated hammering on it like that too. Ended up putting it back together. Any ideas out there??

Mine is a 2015 with 9k miles on it. 4 good hits with a 5lb hammer and it popped out. I didn't take the nut all the way off.

Mine is a 2015 with 9k miles on it. 4 good hits with a 5lb hammer and it popped out. I didn't take the nut all the way off.

Tie rod popped right off and probably didn't even need it off. I also used a 5lb hammer on the ball joint knuckle. I figured being so new it would have come right off.

Tie rod popped right off and probably didn't even need it off. I also used a 5lb hammer on the ball joint knuckle. I figured being so new it would have come right off.

Whack that sucker..lol I hit it twice on each side and it popped out.

Man I wish mine went that easy today. I could not get the upper ball joint free on the passenger side. Hammered the hell out of it and even tried a ball joint release tool (pickle fork) but never got it free. Brand new truck and I hated hammering on it like that too. Ended up putting it back together. Any ideas out there??

My '16 passenger side was very stubborn as well, almost to the point of giving up. A 5lb hammer worked, but had to alternate hitting the knuckle from the the front and back. After about a dozen hits, it came loose. Driver side popped right out.

• Like 1

I have the Rough Country 2 inch level kit that will be installed sometime in a few weeks. My truck is a regular cab with 17 inch wheels and Dueler 265/70 a/t tires. I don't plan on getting any bigger tires anytime soon. Ill post pics when installed.

Edited by Geiser100

Thanks for advice. Got it done tonight...now gotta adjust the headlights and alignment.

I have to figure out how to adjust the headlights now.

Getting my 33" tires installed tomorrow. Will try and remember to take before and after pics.

Forgot to take before and after pics but I'll post tomorrow. It's dark out. Tires are a bit noisy so I'm hoping they wear down a bit and quiet down. No rubbing of any kind and it looks awesome.

• Like 1

I have to figure out how to adjust the headlights now.

Forgot to take before and after pics but I'll post tomorrow. It's dark out. Tires are a bit noisy so I'm hoping they wear down a bit and quiet down. No rubbing of any kind and it looks awesome.

My Federal make some noise which I initially thought it was a bit to much then I either got used to it or they wore out a bit; but the noise sounds lower and no longer bothers me. Also i increased the psi from 35 to 47lbs to help diminish noise and have less roll resistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My Federal make some noise which I initially thought it was a bit to much then I either got used to it or they wore out a bit; but the noise sounds lower and no longer bothers me. Also i increased the psi from 35 to 47lbs to help diminish noise and have less roll resistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They put mine to the stock pressure so l'll adjust mine today and see if there's a difference.