2014+ Leveling Kits

I put a Pro Comp 2.25" leveling kit and Zone 1.5" body lift on mine. Cost less than half the price of a 4" suspension lift and rides like factory still.

Man... That looks Tough! Very nice Stance! So do you know how much overall height you added after the tires, Body Lift and level? Tx Dan

My leveling kit just came in the mail today and I have some concerns with the Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit spacers being made out of a plastic type material. Has anyone had any issues?

No need to worry. They're super strong. I put almost 70k miles on my 2012 with the Zone Offroad 2" kit (which is the same material as Rough Country), without any issues at all.

Man... That looks Tough! Very nice Stance! So do you know how much overall height you added after the tires, Body Lift and level? Tx Dan

I didn't measure before the body lift and tires, but it's 41.5" from the ground to the top of the fender now.

post-168372-0-43099400-1486071508_thumb.jpg

post-168372-0-53223400-1486071529_thumb.jpg

I'm sure this has been asked in here, but what is your height to the top of the siriusXm antennae if you're running a RC 2.5" leveling kit with 33s? I live in the city and my garage is going to be a tight squeeze once I level my truck out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by lawn boy

That's only on a level?!

Does it rub?

Yes there is rubbing in the felt when i turn and on the sway bar but, i will be trimming some of the wheel well felt today but i still expect it to rub on the sway bar at full lock. I had this same set up on my 14 sierra so i know what to expect. Hope this helps

And yes only on a 3" level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by GMCaholic
  • Like 1

No need to worry. They're super strong. I put almost 70k miles on my 2012 with the Zone Offroad 2" kit (which is the same material as Rough Country), without any issues at all.

Kind of a stupid question but maybe there's a reason. Why did you get the Zone 2" and not the RC 2" if it's the same material but $20-30 more?

Kind of a stupid question but maybe there's a reason. Why did you get the Zone 2" and not the RC 2" if it's the same material but $20-30 more?

Well, I wanted to lift the rear a bit too, so I went with the Zone 2" front/rear kit. It came with the 2" spacer for the front, as well as rear blocks and u-bolts. I ran that same kit on my 2009 (with Zone shocks), and had good luck with it...so I decided to run the same kit on my 2012. Zone has a good price on the 2" front/rear lift. Rough Country now has a similar 2.5" kit, but I didn't want to lift the front that much anyway. Either kit would be a good one.

I get a "creaking" noise from my drivers side when turning into drive way or sitting still and turning the wheels. It's done this from day one after I had my RC 2.5 level. Mostly when it has been raining or foggy. Had the shop recheck and tighten everything twice. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Scott

I get a "creaking" noise from my drivers side when turning into drive way or sitting still and turning the wheels. It's done this from day one after I had my RC 2.5 level. Mostly when it has been raining or foggy. Had the shop recheck and tighten everything twice. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Scott

Driver's side front or rear? Front could be the strut. Rear could be the leaf springs. You may need a second set of ears.

I've been researching for a while and had an idea for how to level my truck, give the front a little more clearance, and still maintain the stock suspension geometry.

I was thinking I might lower the rear to level the truck out (lowering shackles, block removal, etc.) and then install a ~1.25-1.5" body lift to give additional clearance in the wheel wells. This seems like it wouldn't be very expensive and would be about the most inexpensive to get a little lift on the front and still maintain all the stock geometry.

I've been searching around but can't find anywhere where someone has done the lowered rear/body lift combination and was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this and if anyone has seen this done before.