2014+ Leveling Kits

Driver's side front or rear? Front could be the strut. Rear could be the leaf springs. You may need a second set of ears.

It's definitely coming from the front. One problem I did find is the bolts that came with the spacer kit were way too long and were barely hitting the front half shaft so I cut them down. I thought that remedied the problem until this morning. I'm just trying to figure out how the rain/fog is coming into play. Unfortunately I can't get down and really investigate myself due to recovering from complications post knee surgery. I hate the fact I'm going to have to take it to a legit 4x4 shop to check it out. It sucks having someone else wrench on it. Feels like I'm being cheated on.lol That's what I get for letting Tire Discounters do it when they did my tires. Probably just gonna have to put some Bilstien's on it but damn I'm gonna trade it in when the 18/19's come out anyway. It's probably something really simple but I feel stupid because it's not like it's something really complicated. I wonder if it has anything to do with the difference in the spacer block and aluminum control arms being two different materials? Or maybe ball joint but I only have a little over 16k easy miles on it and it's a 2014 so they should be in good shape. Thanks.

Scott ?

Bilstein 5100 2" stock wheels/tires (for now), air ride bags in rear, magnaflo exhaust, airaid jr intake tube w/ drop in filter, Hypertech tuned.

How much did the air bags raise the rear on yours? Mine raised a good 1" so now I don't think the 5100s won't give me the lift I'd like for a true level.

How much did the air bags raise the rear on yours? Mine raised a good 1" so now I don't think the 5100s won't give me the lift I'd like for a true level.

I said air ride, I meant AIR LIFT. These are the bags I installed, I use them when towing my 26' travel trailer (6000lbs). Truck sits nice and level when towing, and keeps the truck from rocking when going over bumps. but if not towing, they will raise the bed 2" but makes the rear ride like shit.

post-155210-0-98485100-1486498034_thumb.png

Edited by Bwoodkid
  • Like 1

Gotcha...yeah I have the Firestone Ride Rite and even with 10 psi no load makes it very firm in the back. With the stock Rancho's up front gets to bouncing on the freeway a lot. I dropped to the min 5 psi they recommend and its a little better. Curious why even if no load they say you need 5 psi in there.

Gotcha...yeah I have the Firestone Ride Rite and even with 10 psi no load makes it very firm in the back. With the stock Rancho's up front gets to bouncing on the freeway a lot. I dropped to the min 5 psi they recommend and its a little better. Curious why even if no load they say you need 5 psi in there.

I guess its to keep their shape, I know the style bags I have will cave in if I don't keep 5-10 in them, I cant feel a difference in ride that low. maybe because I have Bilsteins all around??

I guess its to keep their shape, I know the style bags I have will cave in if I don't keep 5-10 in them, I cant feel a difference in ride that low. maybe because I have Bilsteins all around??

Probably helps with the 5100s...but yeah mine are the typical looking air bags. Just would prefer to air out completely if no load.

The bags replace your jounce bumpers so they recommend the 5 psi to hold shape and prevent bottoming out. Air Lift makes a bag with an internal jounce bumper. They still recommend 5 psi but state they can be run with no pressure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk. My build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/192614-tenscourts-2016-ltzz71-ccsb-4wd-silverado/

• Like 1

The bags replace your jounce bumpers so they recommend the 5 psi to hold shape and prevent bottoming out. Air Lift makes a bag with an internal jounce bumper. They still recommend 5 psi but state they can be run with no pressure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk. My build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/192614-tenscourts-2016-ltzz71-ccsb-4wd-silverado/

Yeah I realize that but with no load at all isn't it still pretty hard to actually bottom out the rear? I'm keeping 5 psi in them and helped with the ride and ride height.

Yeah I realize that but with no load at all isn't it still pretty hard to actually bottom out the rear? I'm keeping 5 psi in them and helped with the ride and ride height.

I'm not sure how likely it is but without some pressure a deeper compression is more likely which could damage the bags. That's my opinion. I have the Air Lift version with the internal jounce bumpers. I'm running 15 psi to prevent my springs from settling because of my Z series cap and Bedslide. With my front level and rear blocks the cap and Bedslide killed my rake. The pressure gives me about a half inch of extra height over the front. I believe I'm at 39.5-40 in the front and 40-40.5 in the rear measured at center of wheel wells with the pressure.

• Like 1

Has anyone had to mess with their axle ratios when adding bigger tires? I have read that adding bigger tires messes with your axle ratio and throws your transmission and RPM's out of whack. I currently have a 3.23 axle ratio and I'm thinking of going from 275/55/R20 (31.9" Diameter tire) to 275/65/R20 (34.09" Diameter tire). Is there any truth to this? And if so, is it really anything to worry about or consider?

Edited by Isidro____