2014+ Leveling Kits

I was in the same dilemma not too long ago. I personally preferred aesthetic appearances over functionality (enjoying my youth at the expense of my wallet). The 275/65 looks nice from the side but I felt like the front/back view was more important because it's rare that somebody only sees the side directly without being at an angle of some sort. I wanted my truck to have a variety of good angles, as opposed to just two good sides.

Then when looking around at 305/55 tires, I came across the Nitto XL tires. They were only ~50 lbs of unsprung weight as opposed to the 58-62 lbs of most LT 305/55 tires. I don't regularly run trails or anything so I didn't feel the excess protection was necessary. Even the 275/65 BFG KO2 weighs ~57 I think. I lost some aerodynamics, and fuel economy, but not as much as if I'd have gone with an LT tire.

The sidewall of the KO2's are sexy, but the weight was a slight turn off. The mileage warranty was a plus for me in choosing the Nitto G2s. Just sharing my reasons for my decisions.

• Like 1

Installed a 2.5in leveling kit and took it to the dealership to have them inspect my front suspension, torque all bolts to spec and get a front end alignment. 1 1/2 weeks later a bolt snapped on the upper control arm causing the tire to cave in. Needles to say in a huge argument with the dealership now because I believe they over torqued the bolt causing it to weaken and snap. Any experiences like this?

I'm just curious why you stayed with 275/65's instead of going with something wider? Maybe a 305/55R20? The diameter is only slightly different (33" with the 275/65's vs. 33.2" with the 305/55's.)

I suppose there is more patch contact area from a 305 vs a 275, so you will get a little more drag (ie. less fuel mileage) but I personally just think that the wider tires look so much better on a lifted/leveled truck.

From everything I've read it seems like the 305/55R20 will fit on a truck with at least a 2" level. There is a possibility for a very minor rub at full lock, but if it does it would be minor. Some people have stated they had a 2" level with zero rub on the 305's.

I just picked-up a 2017 GMC Sierra and put a 2.5" Motofab level kit on it, and am planning on putting 305/55R20 K02's on it in the next week or two. I was just curious if there was a fit issue that prevented you from going wider, or if it was just cost and fuel mileage.

Your truck looks great though! I've always like BFG's for all around tires. Not too noisey on the highway and great off-road in the woods.

Keep in mind tires vary in sizes by brand and AT vs MT. Generally a 305 55 in all terrain type will me smaller but its best to look for tire specs on their respective site. My 33x12.5 Federal mt measure 32.8x12.3" and would rub on the UCA on reverse and full lock turns. 1/4" wheels spacers fixed that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by asalinasz39

Anybody run a 20x10 -24 on a 295/55r20?

I've seen a few 33x12.50 on -24 with claimed little rub on this thread, but no 295/55. Looking at the ridge grappler which specs 32.7x12.17, on a rough country 2.5 level. I have the cast steel arms, they are not stamped. This would be on a 2016 sierra not that it matters particularly

Edited by MOhunter92

My leveling kit just came in the mail today and I have some concerns with the Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit spacers being made out of a plastic type material. Has anyone had any issues?

Edited by Isidro____
  • Like 1

My leveling kit just came in the mail today and I have some concerns with the Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit spacers being made out of a plastic type material. Has anyone had any issues?

Those polymer spacers are pretty tough. Go into the garage and hit it with your 5lb maul. Wear a cup though...

Edited by Waaazooo

I highly doubt they'll break (have yet to hear about one) and they won't corrode.

I put a Pro Comp 2.25" leveling kit and Zone 1.5" body lift on mine. Cost less than half the price of a 4" suspension lift and rides like factory still.

Looks sharp...