2014 Bose system with 40/20/40 front seat - details

So I have the regular Bose sound system and it doesn't include the sub. It does sound great. Actually, it's soo good that for a person who had a 12" kicker sub in the last truck... I am very satisfied. It's clear and great bass.

So I have the regular Bose sound system and it doesn't include the sub. It does sound great. Actually, it's soo good that for a person who had a 12" kicker sub in the last truck... I am very satisfied. It's clear and great bass.

Good to hear the Bose system with the 40/20/40 front seat is worth the $500!?

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know the RMS power of the Bose Sub? I have the Bose system with center console and sub. It sounds good but it is not earth shattering. I was considering pulling the bose sub and box out of the console and molding a fiberglass box into the console and put in a shallow mount 8" sub, or maybe a solobaric 8" if it would fit. If I go shallow, I might be able to find one, like the one pioneer makes that does not need a ton of power and could run without an additional amp. But if I need to add one, that is not a big deal either.

I had a 2009 with a console and the new truck sounds way better. When I had the warranty issue the loaner truck had the bench seat with Bose and it sounded like the 09.

I agree! The new Bose with sub sounds much better than my '09 with Bose and sub. Seems to be more bass from the door speakers. The dash speakers being full range as opposed to tweets only also makes a difference. Not as good as an uplevel aftermarket install, but very good for a factory system.

The Bose system sounds fantastic! I have the bench seat in my 14. I can put almost any song on and you can crank the volume to the max and the lyrics are crystal clear with absolutely no distortion. BUT that being said with the bass anywhere close to half all the way down to 1/4 it sounds like crap in my opinion. It just doesn't sound good at all with any sort of bass turned up even the slightest bit. I'm gonna have the dealer check it out. It could be the door panels making the noise similar to people with 2 15" subs in a crappy car with a trunk lid that rattles like crazy. But the radio definitely sounds great!

Ordering guide shows a standard 6 speaker package ( on all trim levels) and available on SLT a Bose package 6 speaker (with 40/20/40) and a Bose 7 speaker (with buckets).

• 11 months later...

I'll add that the Bose system in my '14 SLT bucket seat model is the best OEM unit I've heard in any vehicle I've ever owned (a lot, including a Caddy DTS). I really love it. I even have a lot of fun by putting on Heavy by Collective Soul with my 16yr old son in the truck, and blasting it. He roles his eyes, but says, wow that's amazing. It shakes the glass and the mirrors and stays crisp and clear. Awesome.

Even my wife who has Dodge's best unit (name?), hates hers compared to mine.

Nice job GM/Bose!

I'll add that the Bose system in my '14 SLT bucket seat model is the best OEM unit I've heard in any vehicle I've ever owned (a lot, including a Caddy DTS). I really love it. I even have a lot of fun by putting on Heavy by Collective Soul with my 16yr old son in the truck, and blasting it. He roles his eyes, but says, wow that's amazing. It shakes the glass and the mirrors and stays crisp and clear. Awesome.

Even my wife who has Dodge's best unit (name?), hates hers compared to mine.

Nice job GM/Bose!

I would say that it sounds ok, but by far not the best sounding audio system in a vehicle. I had a 2012 maxima with Bose and it sounded far better than my Sierra Bose system does. And I have the one with the 7 speaker system in it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Archived