RDS setting in Radio

GMC-AT

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone. I have a 2014 Silverado with the 4.2 display that doesn't have the mylink. I have had numerous Chevy's with RDS that show the name of the song, artist, station, etc., but for some reason my RDS won't show this on my radio. It's turned to "On" but it won't display anything but the station # (IE 100.3). I had it working once by messing around and even reset it to factory settings but it won't work. I know in 2014 this has to be the norm for radio's and again I had it work once. Does anyone else have an issue or could it be I have a defective radio?

Thanks!

Hey there Rmiles2314,

I understand that you have some concerns with the RDS setting in your Silverado. I cannot guarantee anything, but I will be glad to look further into this for you. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and reference to this thread if we can be of any extra assistance. Thank you.

Kristen A.

GM Customer Care

Hey there Rmiles2314,

I understand that you have some concerns with the RDS setting in your Silverado. I cannot guarantee anything, but I will be glad to look further into this for you. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and reference to this thread if we can be of any extra assistance. Thank you.

Kristen A.

GM Customer Care

If it is something that has to do with the function of the truck or parts contained in it, wouldn't it be more effective to everyone to provide the info in the open and allow all owners to learn? Just logic. I know that you would not like to help in public with issues and give jerks fuel for trying to sue, but this is just the function of the options in the truck.

Edited by Crf450r420
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll let you know. The dealer hasn't contacted me yet but I told them that sometimes when I start I get the Chevy bowtie then the radio and then it repeats so I'm not sure if it's defective. Maybe they'll upgrade me haha... Most likely not!

RDS is set to " on" in my radio, but it only shoes the song info on HD stations...from the Infotainment Manual...see last line...

HD Radio Technology

HD Radio Technology is a free service with features such as

static-free sound, more programming choices on local FM HD2, HD3, and higher, and on-screen information such as artist and song title.

2014 double cab work truck. ...

Same thing, shows rds in the settings as being on but no radio stations listed or song listings. One day however, I worked for about 12 hours then stopped. Lol

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

I had trouble with my Chevy radio not displaying RDS info correctly, and numerous searches led me to this thread. So when I solved my own problem, I decided to post it here so anyone else with the same problem might find my answer.

The RDS was working fine yesterday. It was displaying the Program Service information (8 characters at a time on one line) and also the Radio Text (Up to 64 characters on 2 lines under the PS). No problem.

Suddenly last night, I noticed the PS info was there (Station call letters, in this case) but the RT info (Artist, Song, Album Title) had disappeared.

I suspected that I might have caused the radio to turn off the Text part when I tried giving it voice commands to play the text messages from my phone earlier in the day. I was just guessing what the commands were. All night last night, and all day today, I tried to repeat all the voice commands I could think of in order to solve the problem. Nothing was working.

Then suddenly, when I tried "one last time," the radio asked me, "Did you say 'Radio Text On?'" I had not said that, but I knew instantly I had found the answer. I said, "Yes" and the two lines of missing information appeared on the screen. I experimented with saying, "Radio Text On" and "Radio Text Off" and noticed it was doing the opposite of what I said. I goofed around a little bit more and got it straightened out. I eventually discovered that saying just, "Radio Text" would also turn it on or off.

I had read everything I could find online, nothing was in the manual, the local Chevy dealer knew nothing, and calling Chevy tech support didn't help, but completely by trial and error the problem was solved.

If you were having the same problem, I'm glad your search brought you here and hope this info saves you some time and frustration!

(I still can't find a complete list of Chevy MyLink voice commands anywhere. I've found several lists, but none that included the "Radio Text" command.)

RDS

Edited by John Q.
  • Thanks 2

• 4 years later...

Know it's been a few years since your post, but thank you for doing the legwork on this. My RDS would not update, and there was no option for it in the menu. However, saying RDS ON or OFF is apparently a recognized command. Turned mine off and back on and all the info reset and updated.