are they really that much more expensive or is there more markup?

My dad bought a 2012 Sierra Regular cab v6 4x4--- 26k msrp. the same exact optioned truck(not calling the ecotec and new bs upgrades) was at the dealer today for 31k. I built my equivelent on the site, mine stickered at 39k in 2010, I came up with 45,800...... the 33k LS silverado I had in 11 is now 38k.....

so, who's making the extra money? is there more dealer profit or did materials and labor go up that much?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought a 2014 today and the pricing did seem a little out there. Mine stickered for 42k but she's loaded for a single cab and I also live in Canada, after all talk was done I ended up getting it for 36,300 which isn't bad seeing as the single cabs have only been out for a little over a week. My dad bought one on Monday and his stickered for 53k, his is a fully loaded all terain. He got a bigger discount then me but his final price was 45k. So it seems that even though these trucks are fresh out the factories, the dealers are still willing to bend over a bit and work with you.

I just bought a 2014 today and the pricing did seem a little out there. Mine stickered for 42k but she's loaded for a single cab and I also live in Canada, after all talk was done I ended up getting it for 36,300 which isn't bad seeing as the single cabs have only been out for a little over a week. My dad bought one on Monday and his stickered for 53k, his is a fully loaded all terain. He got a bigger discount then me but his final price was 45k. So it seems that even though these trucks are fresh out the factories, the dealers are still willing to bend over a bit and work with you.

you paid 36,000 for a regular cab short bed truck?

Yeah it has every option box checked off, full power, intelli link touchscreen, leather wrapped everything including dash with the french stitching, heated seats, Z71 with the optional at tires, key less with remote start, lane departure warning and radar cruise control, back up camera with the smart park, rear sensors etc. Like I said, there wasn't an option box left unchecked. It also has the 5.3 and the customizable guages and such on the dash.

you paid 36,000 for a regular cab short bed truck?

ouch

People up here are also more apt to pay stupidly high prices for anything.... well in Alberta at least. Those trucks are selling so buddy can outshine his neighbor with the newest and biggest thing.....but that peters out pretty quick and the guy that waits a few months saves another 5 grand... or more... but he wasn't first on the block lol.

And yes the stickers are that high and retarded.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

The advancements the k2 has over the GMT is worth a few thousand in my opinion. Its quiet, extra corrosion resistance (nice where roads get salted), loads more tech (I'm a nerd), Elec power steering, rear discs (finally). And it looks like it means business.

After using the truck I feel like gm gave the engineers and designers extra time to perfect the new model.

Its a comfy ride, and my only complaint would be the seats are not plush enough.

From my drive in a K2 SLT yesterday, the seats need to be more like the GMT-800. Those are by far the most comfortable seats in a truck that I have been in

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

All those seem about right, mine was for $58k on the window and I walked out with it for $61k after taxes which are 13% here. That's also in Canadian prices. Did seem a little high priced to me but ya got to pay to play. I'm waiting for bds to come out with a lift kit for it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah it has every option box checked off, full power, intelli link touchscreen, leather wrapped everything including dash with the french stitching, heated seats, Z71 with the optional at tires, key less with remote start, lane departure warning and radar cruise control, back up camera with the smart park, rear sensors etc. Like I said, there wasn't an option box left unchecked. It also has the 5.3 and the customizable guages and such on the dash.

Pics of heated seat option of window sticker or buttons on dash?

The advancements the k2 has over the GMT is worth a few thousand in my opinion. Its quiet, extra corrosion resistance (nice where roads get salted), loads more tech (I'm a nerd), Elec power steering, rear discs (finally). And it looks like it means business.

After using the truck I feel like gm gave the engineers and designers extra time to perfect the new model.

Its a comfy ride, and my only complaint would be the seats are not plush enough.

Maybe on the high trim trucks but a "loaded" regular cab is a LT Z71 which has the base touchscreen and cloth seats is almost $38k when you option it out properly which is about what my extended cab 2011 stickered for though that truck had $7000+ in incentives. It's just too much money to get a GM truck equipped the way I want when you can get similar from the other two for stickers in the low $30s.

While I do agree that the advancements in the 2014 are worth something, I also think that they price them at what they are because people will buy them. Here were are in the middle of a great year of car and truck sales and GM does not hesistate to throw out that figure that the average truck on the road today is 10 years old so they know they have a big group of buyers out there ready to trade up. And we all know GM makes a majority of their profit on these trucks so there is that motivation as well to keep prices high.

I have also been in the market for a new boat this year and am just floored at the prices just compared to 4 years ago, without a much different boat than back then. You kind of just have to give up and be willing to pay if it's what you want. Otherwise you will be waiting forever for a price drop that may never come. And life is too short for that.

Archived