Bed Liner advice on new purchase

Horhay7

Hey everyone, I was hoping someone with some experience with drop in bed liners might be able to give me some advice here. I've never had a drop in before, but from what I've heard, they scratch up the paint pretty good.

Now down to my real question, I'm working with my dealer right now to find a specific model of the 2014 Sierras for me. The only one we could find, was about 200 miles away in NY, but the dealer to trade with had already put a drop in bed liner into the bed. Now I'm planning on throwing a bed rug into my bed, and my dealer offered to take 250 bucks off and just take out the liner for me. My concern is whether or not there are going to be scratches in the bed once he does from just having that bed liner in there already. Do you guys who have had experience with drop ins think that being on the lot, possibly test driven, and possibly driven 200+ miles to my dealership would be enough to scratch up that bed already? I don't want them to go through the trouble trading it just to find out we take off the cover and it's all scratched up.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just get a spray in liner.. way nicer and more durable.

I was still thinking of that possibility, but there are no LineX retailers anywhere close to me and the only one nearby is Rhinoliners. I've heard some bad things about the Rhinos as far as durability over time. Do you happen to know what brand your liner was jay?

Hey everyone, I was hoping someone with some experience with drop in bed liners might be able to give me some advice here. I've never had a drop in before, but from what I've heard, they scratch up the paint pretty good.

Now down to my real question, I'm working with my dealer right now to find a specific model of the 2014 Sierras for me. The only one we could find, was about 200 miles away in NY, but the dealer to trade with had already put a drop in bed liner into the bed. Now I'm planning on throwing a bed rug into my bed, and my dealer offered to take 250 bucks off and just take out the liner for me. My concern is whether or not there are going to be scratches in the bed once he does from just having that bed liner in there already. Do you guys who have had experience with drop ins think that being on the lot, possibly test driven, and possibly driven 200+ miles to my dealership would be enough to scratch up that bed already? I don't want them to go through the trouble trading it just to find out we take off the cover and it's all scratched up.

If I understand correctly, you are going to have the dealer remove the drop in liner and install a bedrug. If this is the case then you can always take the bed rug out to check. It's just velcro holding the thing on so detach it, check to see how bad any scratches might be, and re-attach. Like others have said though, I don't think you'll have any scratches bad enough to worry about.

Yea, actually I was just going to be buying the bedrug aftermarket outside of the dealer, so I'd be buying the truck with the plastic bedliner already removed, so I'll definitely see the scratches on the lot before I purchase if there are any, it's just the fact I'm going to be getting it transferred in from a good distance away so would hate to put my dealer through it just to have me show up and see a scratch and say no

Yea, actually I was just going to be buying the bedrug aftermarket outside of the dealer, so I'd be buying the truck with the plastic bedliner already removed, so I'll definitely see the scratches on the lot before I purchase if there are any, it's just the fact I'm going to be getting it transferred in from a good distance away so would hate to put my dealer through it just to have me show up and see a scratch and say no

Well that is their risk to take. I'd go ahead and let them know that up front though. Either way, I still don't see any scratches being bad enough for you to walk away, if you see any at all. I hope it works out for ya.

Bed Rug is a great choice, had one in my last truck and ordered one for this truck and had it before the truck even got here. Any scratches will be under it, so I say go for it. I can't imagine there will be two many with only 200 miles on it.

Yea it seems like anybody who has a LineX raves about the stuff. Only problem is nearest LineX retailer for me is a long distance away, kinda sucks.

Make an appointment and go.

They will do it while you wait, and since it dries instantly the is no wait for it to cure.

Archived