2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

23 hours ago, Dub1796 said:

After lowering the rear of my truck with belltech shackles and block removal, i have decided i want to lower the front 1". Has anyone successfully used belltech lowering strut part #25004 on 2018 stamped LCAs? Belltech only shows that the drop spindles are compatible. 

TIA

They're the same struts for 07-18

11 hours ago, SirenRed16 said:

Belltech vs Mcgaughys lower kit? Which one should I go with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Personal preference. If you read back through the thread, you'll find good things to say about each. I've got Belltech and am very happy with it, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been disappointed with McGaughy's either. If you're going with spindles, you'll find more comments about McGaughy's and they're all positive.

On 2/23/2018 at 12:51 AM, Dub1796 said:

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. What are your thoughts on the ride quality afterwards? 

they ride much better than the stock Ranchos 

On 2/16/2018 at 11:24 AM, Nasty said:

That would be the worst thing you can do.  Using a strut and 2" arm.  That will make your front wheel closer to the rear of the front wheel well. Which looks ugly and more rubbing.  If you want 2 more inches you do spindles 

Don't you loose turning radius with most spindles? Thats something im not something to sacrifice. I was trying to look at mcgaughys spindles but as far as i can tell their spindles (34050) are for 2wd/steel control arms? Mine is a 4x4 with aluminum arms/spindles.

The only setup on their site that i can see for a 14 4x4 requires upper control arms as weill (34204), if thats the only option i guess its staying at a 2 inch drop, not worth $1200 to drop an extra inch..  Any other options that im missing?

Don't you loose turning radius with most spindles? Thats something im not something to sacrifice. I was trying to look at mcgaughys spindles but as far as i can tell their spindles (34050) are for 2wd/steel control arms? Mine is a 4x4 with aluminum arms/spindles.
The only setup on their site that i can see for a 14 4x4 requires upper control arms as weill (34204), if thats the only option i guess its staying at a 2 inch drop, not worth $1200 to drop an extra inch..  Any other options that im missing?
I'm getting my 3/5 drop incliding McGaughys 4x4 spindles installed next week, I'll let you know if the turning radius changes

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm getting my 3/5 drop incliding McGaughys 4x4 spindles installed next week, I'll let you know if the turning radius changes

Thanks, Do you know what part number your spindles are? What style control arms are on your truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The spindles are part number 34204, which do come with the upper control arm, and my control arms are the stamped steel versions. I'm using the 34155 kit which is the strut rings and spacers and the rear adjustable flip kit to get a 3/5 drop.

• Like 1

Lowered my 15 all terrain with 2” drop shackles but it’s still 1 1/8” higher then the front. Anyone know where I can get a 1/2” block to replace the stock rear spring block.
Would really like to see a pic of your truck from the side....I am considering doing the same type drop. I do tow a 5,000 trailer on occasion but don't have very much drop when towing.

Lastly did you do the work yourself or have someone else do it. I don't have the right toolset so I might consider finding someone to do it.

Would really like to see a pic of your truck from the side....I am considering doing the same type drop. I do tow a 5,000 trailer on occasion but don't have very much drop when towing.

Lastly did you do the work yourself or have someone else do it. I don't have the right toolset so I might consider finding someone to do it.

344303523f14d0674df629231f8c3807.jpg
This is the only pic I have till I get home. I did it myself but I’m also a mechanic. So all my tools are readily available. Like others have said the hardest part is folding the bed seam but an air hammer made it much easier. Other then that regular hand tools can get the job done.