2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

Lowered my 15 all terrain with 2” drop shackles but it’s still 1 1/8” higher then the front. Anyone know where I can get a 1/2” block to replace the stock rear spring block.
I did Bell Tech shackles and removed the block in the rear (used the Bell Tech spacers for the U-bolt nuts) on my 17 Silverado LT and it's within 1/4" all the way around. The blocks are 1-1/4". U thought was gonna be lower in the back but it wasn't. Front and rear are a touch higher on the passenger side.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I did Bell Tech shackles and removed the block in the rear (used the Bell Tech spacers for the U-bolt nuts) on my 17 Silverado LT and it's within 1/4" all the way around. The blocks are 1-1/4". U thought was gonna be lower in the back but it wasn't. Front and rear are a touch higher on the passenger side.

I ordered 1/2” spacers and have 2degree shims and belltech shocks coming. Don’t want it completely level for when I load it. I hate the sagging look which I still may get so I might look into helper bags.

344303523f14d0674df629231f8c3807.jpg
This is the only pic I have till I get home. I did it myself but I’m also a mechanic. So all my tools are readily available. Like others have said the hardest part is folding the bed seam but an air hammer made it much easier. Other then that regular hand tools can get the job done.
That is looking good..I have a similar looking truck...I can see why you did it...You don't happen to be in the DFW Texas area and are interested in doing one...Did you have to adjust for Magride?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That is looking good..I have a similar looking truck...I can see why you did it...You don't happen to be in the DFW Texas area and are interested in doing one...Did you have to adjust for Magride?

I live in the nyc area. Not sure how it would work for the mag ride suspension. I’m guessing you would have to adjust the sensor.

I live in the nyc area. Not sure how it would work for the mag ride suspension. I’m guessing you would have to adjust the sensor.
I have been told to either adjust the sensor or that the dealer can do a relearn of some type.

Did you see any loss of MPG...or any additional driveability/roughness issues added by lowering the back 2 inches?

I have been looking at a lowering shackle made by sulastic...it like an additional shock of some type take additional roughness off the leaf springs. Not sure if I am sold on it l. Probably go with standard good quality version though.

I have been told to either adjust the sensor or that the dealer can do a relearn of some type.

Did you see any loss of MPG...or any additional driveability/roughness issues added by lowering the back 2 inches?

I have been looking at a lowering shackle made by sulastic...it like an additional shock of some type take additional roughness off the leaf springs. Not sure if I am sold on it l. Probably go with standard good quality version though.

Ride quality seems the same. Only had them on about 2 weeks before I put the 22s on. I do have some shims coming to adjust pinion angle. Cause I will be lowering it with some shorter blocks to level it more.

5 hours ago, Bonjosco3ss said:

I ordered 1/2” spacers and have 2degree shims and belltech shocks coming. Don’t want it completely level for when I load it. I hate the sagging look which I still may get so I might look into helper bags.

Why did you buy shims

Good info and great looking truck...Thanks for sharing your experiences. Now I just need to find someone beat DFW Texas area with experience to install mine...Not going to pretend I don't have the right tool sets to do it my self and I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks again.

58 minutes ago, Bonjosco3ss said:

Some people complain about a vibration from pinion angle being off. The shims just realign the differential closer to stock position.

But why 2 degree and not 1?    You won't know until you drive tthe truck. It may work without them

But why 2 degree and not 1?    You won't know until you drive tthe truck. It may work without them

From what I’m reading drop shackles with smaller blocks only need at most 2degrees. They are belltech so I’d rather order them and have them then not have them and need them. For the $20 they cost.

Thanks again for the info on shins with shackles...sounds like good plan b....when you can send a full side shit so I can see your current rake that would be awesome...I was playing in Photoshop with mine and feel this will be pretty close to my look.8032b91c672380f05b1535aa9d5e717e.jpg

From what I’m reading drop shackles with smaller blocks only need at most 2degrees. They are belltech so I’d rather order them and have them then not have them and need them. For the $20 they cost.
Do you need shims if you are not changing out OEM blocks?

I have the Bell Tech 6401 kit, shackles and U-bolt nut spacers for removing the blocks and have no vibration or ride quality issues. No pinion angle shims.

12 hours ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

You shouldn't need shims    the pinion angle gets better as the truck gets lower.  If you have a vibration i will doubt it's the pinion angle.