2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

7 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Qa1 in the rear. Which made a huge difference. And Vikings are being installed in the front after the rain stops

I'm gonna have to jump under there and see where my stops sit compared to yours. I didn't think the Belltechs were that soft, but now I need to consider alternatives. Helpers definitely wouldn't hurt either.

Now that it's down, going back up isn't really all that fun.

2 minutes ago, Stressin said:

I'm gonna have to jump under there and see where my stops sit compared to yours. I didn't think the Belltechs were that soft, but now I need to consider alternatives. Helpers definitely wouldn't hurt either.

Now that it's down, going back up isn't really all that fun.

Well if you're notched. You should be fine. I don't think you're hitting the frame. I think your diff is slamming the bed support.  I hit the bed support before I hit the frame and I'm not even notched

23 minutes ago, qwank said:

I'm down to 2/5 now.  the front is 1/2" higher than the rear.  My drop spindles will be in next week.  

truck25.thumb.jpg.a5895aa13eb6e9bebe9bbfbd0cf72d93.jpg

I,think it's level. The rear fenders are actually lower than the front. If that's how you're measuring 

• Like 1

Has anyone here lowered there truck with an air suspension? I'm looking to lower my 2015 Sierra but honestly I was trying to avoid using the flip kits. I would really prefer to have it bagged. Could anyone give me some info on there own setup or maybe on some kits you've heard of? 

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, fmtz.45 said:

Has anyone here lowered there truck with an air suspension? I'm looking to lower my 2015 Sierra but honestly I was trying to avoid using the flip kits. I would really prefer to have it bagged. Could anyone give me some info on there own setup or maybe on some kits you've heard of? 

Thanks.

There is a kit of some sort.   But it's a lot of work.   And what's wrong with a flip kit? 

20 minutes ago, Stressin said:

So what's the difference between a 6.5 and 8" rear drop? An axle that no longer aligns with the notch.

Yeah, I'm kinda frustrated.

It should align just fine    are you having issues ?

26 minutes ago, Nasty said:

It should align just fine    are you having issues ?

The slight change in angle of the leaf places the axle slightly further forward when the suspension is under load, and it no longer lines up with the notch. Axle is hitting the frame right where the notch begins.

The notch also may not have been perfectly centered to begin with.

Edited by Stressin

1 minute ago, Stressin said:

The slight change in angle of the leaf places the axle slightly further forward when the suspension is under load, and it no longer lines up with the notch. The notch also may not have been perfectly centered to begin with.

What notch?

Those with Drop strut's or drop spacers for the strut's have any issues with alignment after? I'm still up in the air about levelling or lowering my truck and I've thought about getting Bilstein 5100's and installing McGaughy's 2" drop spacers on the 5100's set at stock. That way if I don't like it I can just switch to levelled, with out having to order more parts, may even just use the stock struts first. In the back I'll remove the block and install a 2" drop shackle. That way if I want to go back up it's an easy reversal...

25 minutes ago, Daly said:

Those with Drop strut's or drop spacers for the strut's have any issues with alignment after? I'm still up in the air about levelling or lowering my truck and I've thought about getting Bilstein 5100's and installing McGaughy's 2" drop spacers on the 5100's set at stock. That way if I don't like it I can just switch to levelled, with out having to order more parts, may even just use the stock struts first. In the back I'll remove the block and install a 2" drop shackle. That way if I want to go back up it's an easy reversal...

My truck aligned fine   I'm at 4" drop in front