Ran our 2014 LTZ/Z71 2wd @ the1/4 mile track

8thsense

Wanted to get a good stock baseline before adding the mods. Ran at Royal purple raceway in Baytown Tx. Have not seen or heard of any 1/4 mile times on our new trucks, except the mid 15 second ET that lingenfelter posted on thier test truck with a 4x4 3.08 gear.

Truck is a 2014 silverado LTZ/Z71 2wd with 3.24`s. Pretty quick times for a 5.3 litre and MPH shows good power. There is some TQ mgt going on right at WOT, as we have been testing and loging runs against a 2013 6.2 litre.

Cold track surface and 80% humidity made for a slippery launch pad.

2.16 60 ft time (tires spun)

14.63 @ 95.69 mph

Sounds good..correct forum.?..its a 2014?

Yes and this is a racing topic. We have a sub forum for racing. Just because it is a 2014 doesn't mean every topic fall into the 2014 sub forum

Ryan

Yes and this is a racing topic. We have a sub forum for racing. Just because it is a 2014 doesn't mean every topic fall into the 2014 sub forum Ryan

I only look in the 2014 section because I own a 2014, so how do we know what takes precedence over the other? That could get confusing... lol

Yes and this is a racing topic. We have a sub forum for racing. Just because it is a 2014 doesn't mean every topic fall into the 2014 sub forum Ryan

I only look in the 2014 section because I own a 2014, so how do we know what takes precedence over the other? That could get confusing... lol

General topics

There are sub forums for

Tires

Audio/electronics

Suspension/lifts

How tos (installs)

Maintenance

Etc

Get out and browse all the sections or use the search function for what you are looking for. If you care to chat about this some more please PM me

Ok back to the topic at hand

Ryan

What times is the 13 6.2 posting; and was the 6.2 stock?

The 2013 6.2L extended cab, light optioned LT , stock, ran 14.37@ 96.4 mph. He did not have his truck at the track with us last Friday but ran a month earlier.

The 14 5.3 has some extra TQ mgt that seems to come into play right at WOT VS the 6.2, as 6.2 has some quick pull but the 5.3 stops the pull and maybe even gains some up to the 98mph limitor.

PS , was dissapointing to have my thread moved fom the 2014 general section, as these are new trucks with new engines and most of all, did not have time to share all the general 2014 truck info I had to share in this thread. Like data logs, general feel of the truck under power, E85 Vs 93 test and how all this relates to the new 2014 truck performance. Getting mixed in with the antique LS engine format :) , will make it harder to share info with the 2014 audience, until more of us exsist. I love the older LS trucks and cars as well and owned and raced most of them since 1998 but the LT1 new engine /trucks are whole different animals.

Feel free to read the site rules, especially item #8. Its done the thread has been moved. This is the proper section for it to be in end of discussion here

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

• 2 years later...

The 2013 6.2L extended cab, light optioned LT , stock, ran 14.37@ 96.4 mph. He did not have his truck at the track with us last Friday but ran a month earlier.

The 14 5.3 has some extra TQ mgt that seems to come into play right at WOT VS the 6.2, as 6.2 has some quick pull but the 5.3 stops the pull and maybe even gains some up to the 98mph limitor.

PS , was dissapointing to have my thread moved fom the 2014 general section, as these are new trucks with new engines and most of all, did not have time to share all the general 2014 truck info I had to share in this thread. Like data logs, general feel of the truck under power, E85 Vs 93 test and how all this relates to the new 2014 truck performance. Getting mixed in with the antique LS engine format :) , will make it harder to share info with the 2014 audience, until more of us exsist. I love the older LS trucks and cars as well and owned and raced most of them since 1998 but the LT1 new engine /trucks are whole different animals.

Thanks that Ryan dude is like a hall monitor,, I'm new to this forum

I too have a 14 5.3

• 2 weeks later...

8thsense.....when are you planning to go to Baytown to run your truck again. I have been wanting to take mine there but a bit unsure on how to go about doing it. What days and times and how much ?

I live in Crosby so not to far from Baytown just unsure of where the track is but Google will give me that info. So maybe next time you head out just PM me.

Thanks,

Jim

Man...these LT motors continue to impress me! The new 5.3 isn't to far behind the LS 6.2 and that's with your 3.24 gears...correct?

I wonder how much slower my 4WD would be ? It's a 5.3, 3.42, DC, G80 !

What Mods are you planning?

I'm going to say something here... While I agree with rules, this should apply across the board for threads that don't belong in certain sections. All I see lately is people bitching and crying about problems on the main 2014. I purposely don't visit the troubleshooting/issues section because I don't have any issues and don't care to read complaints. Yet it seems like that's all there is lately. I would much rather read about a 1/4mile time than threads of people bitching about their problems. Thank you for hearing my complaint. LOL

To the original OP, congrats on your times! That is awesome!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived