Sunglasses Holder

Guess I should buy a pair of sunglasses to see if they would fit. But then again I never use sunglasses so even if they did fit they would never be taken out of the holder.

Talk about first world complaints

The first '14 I test drove I was messing around with the compartment and it ended up not closing/latching and it seemed quite flimsy/cheap so I'm probably better off not using it much in my truck or it would just me something else I could break

I guess I'm one of the very few who don't like how big the sun glass holders are...

I use prescription polarized glasses using the same frame as my regular wear glasses. They used to fit perfectly in the overhead holder of my Subaru. When I got the Silverado I found its much deeper and thus they go down inside too far. When I try to pull them out I always end up grabbing a lens & leaving a smudge. I find it a little annoying having to clean them most of the time when I pull them out.

I wonder if it might not be a lack of width causing the issue for those having glasses that do not fit?

I agree with the topic. the sunglasses holder sucks. I dont like having to ramjam my $200 oakleys into a poorly designed glasses holder. they sit in the middle console area now and i put my wifes chapstick in the sunglasses holder.

• 1 month later...

What about leaving them in the center console? The gmt900's didn't have sunglasses holders don't think I ever heard a complaint. Ryan

Me right here: complaining the gmt900 didn't have a sunglasses holder like every other truck and car on earth. Putting them in the center console on that truck is why that crappy plastic handle to open the console snapped off after too much bending from retrieving and putting back my sunglasses daily. Not to mention you always had to ask your passenger to move their arm so you could open the console.

As for the holders on the new trucks, they are rather small in design. My wife's Hyundai accent has a bigger sunglasses holder than this truck.

I find the only way I can get my sunglasses in there and have it close is to put the lenses facing down in the bottom of the holder.

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

Worthless crap. My Oakley oilrigs don't fit, not even my dad's reading glasses. Toyota did that right 2 or 3 can't remember that sunglasses compartment on the headliner that fit those huge sunglasses on the previous comments.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Edited by NitroDatsik

Worthless crap. My Oakley oilrigs don't fit, not even my dad's reading glasses. Toyota did that right 2 or 3 can't remember that we'll sunglasses compartment on the headliner that fit those huge sunglasses on the previous comments.

My wife has a Toyota sienna and none of my 4 oakley models fit so it's not just chevy

Ryan

My wife has a Toyota sienna and none of my 4 oakley models fit so it's not just chevy

Ryan

on my brothers 13 tundra, my oil rigs fit fine. Even my cop sunglasses fit.

Edited by NitroDatsik

Why are people continuing to make excuses for GM? "The 900 series didn't event have the eye glass holder" "Put them in a eyeglass pouch and put it in the door" "Get smaller glasses" etc..... GIVE ME A BREAK PEOPLE! My old 2005 Sierra fit my Costa Del Mar sunglasses just fine. The 1st day I went to put my sunglasses in the overhead compartment, I said what the heck.... Even the wife recognized it immediately and said that sucks.

I know things will break on new trucks, but HOW do they miss such a design flaw when it worked so well in older model trucks? They clearly are not field testing these trucks like they should.

Guess I'll continue putting my glasses in the dash compartment. Uhhhhhhhh

Edited by WhiteMike

This is the one thread that makes me laugh the hardest, I have regular sun glasses that fit in there no problem. When I put my regular glasses in there while I have my sun glasses on they fit too. Imagine that. The three other vehicles of different makes that I own the glasses holders are the same size. So I really don't think this is some conspiracy to piss people off. Normal eye glasses fit with no problem, I though big sun glasses went out in the seventies.

• Like 2

If you guys would quit buying chick sun glasses like Paris Hilton wears this wouldn't be a problem. All of my oakleys fit just fine in mine as do my Revo sun glasses.

• Like 1