What have you done to your K2 today?

I though they were 600 springs but not [emoji817] %. Ride quality is freaking awesome though. Very pleased with this set up... even on my 22’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I’ve tried getting people more interested in coil overs being lifted or leveled but to each their own. Good job.

Mine are 650
2198d6273814731a02173da5be7d78ea.jpg

Sent from above

Got her stuck pretty good dropping my atv and trailer off... thanks GM for putting highway tires on the “All-Terrain”. Hahaha 602502c01184474973c344a74c9a19ee.jpg912ddac7f54b8573f969410d6e8efcbb.jpg6bed00a15735fcf86f793cd494c2ba02.jpg31f769c72b50e107d8a226266930824c.jpg

You need a set of these
96f0116b0cf504ba51235adc3bbfebe5.jpg
Much Quieter than MT’s

Sent from above
  • Like 1

Hahaha don’t I know it!!! Come the fall this wrangler SRA nonsense these trucks come with are history. How’s your gas mileage on those? Doesn’t really seem like A/T tires affect it all that much anymore.

Hahaha don’t I know it!!! Come the fall this wrangler SRA nonsense these trucks come with are history. How’s your gas mileage on those? Doesn’t really seem like A/T tires affect it all that much anymore.

Really just depends on going larger size (weight) and tread pattern. The larger the lugs the more resistance, causes loss of mpg’s. Stock was getting approx 23mpg.

With 33’s and a 2.25” level I was approximately 21 mpg’s, going from level to lifted with these 34” Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I’m getting approx 18-19 doing 75 mph in Texas and this is with a 2018 CC Z71 6.2.

Leveled
e1d3b518a9f3da770874071c2a3ef839.jpg

4.5-5” CST Lift
8e29edabf19b40a44958953f3f37896b.jpg

A note: E or F rated tires ride much rougher than P or C rated tires. If you’re interested in the AT look I’d look into KO2’s C rated if they’ve got them. I had KO2’s on before Nitto Ridge Grapplers and IMHO rode a bit smoother than these Nittos. The taller the side wall the smoother the ride too, just thought you should know if you didn’t already

Sent from above
  • Like 2

Almost forgot, having 20’s and doing a level will not allow you to go any bigger without new wheels unless of course you don’t mind having that horrible rubbing sound at 3/4+ turn. I was forced to get new wheels going from just a stock 275/55/20 to a 275/60/20. Bought plus 1 offset wheels and the rest is history.

Sent from above

• Like 1

Found my knocking in the front suspension this weekend!!!!

The bolts I used for the bottom strut were the wrong diameter, these are bolts I replaced when i upgraded from the RC kit to the Eibachs. I brought the bolts from the RC kit to the store and matched diameter not knowing that were wrong.

Lesson learned, verify your bolt lengths & diameters!!! I’m pretty sure the diameter change issue is related to the fact that I haven’t used those bottom strut mount clips since before my RC level... anyways knocking found and fixed.

Old bolts slid into old struts to show that the wear marks line up with the LCA mount. Like a new truck!!

798026ea69e737e29c89d940844cf9df.jpg3459ba2c134fc5b015eb501e31c4c523.jpg

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

• Like 1

Almost forgot, having 20’s and doing a level will not allow you to go any bigger without new wheels unless of course you don’t mind having that horrible rubbing sound at 3/4+ turn. I was forced to get new wheels going from just a stock 275/55/20 to a 275/60/20. Bought plus 1 offset wheels and the rest is history.

Sent from above

Yeah I used to have a lifted dodge Cummins before this. I’m done with all that. But I always had AT tires. Never straight highway ones. And I’m starting to understand the whole “I’m old so I want it to look stock” comments I see everywhere now. Hahahhah

But I’ve had the BF KO’s and loved em, and some hankooks, wrangler silent armors. Right now I’m lookin at the new continental A/T they have. But I’ve always like the way the ridge grapplers look. Just never heard anything earth shattering about them.

2 hours ago, Waterfowler41 said:

Found my knocking in the front suspension this weekend!!!!

The bolts I used for the bottom strut were the wrong diameter, these are bolts I replaced when i upgraded from the RC kit to the Eibachs. I brought the bolts from the RC kit to the store and matched diameter not knowing that were wrong.

Lesson learned, verify your bolt lengths & diameters!!! I’m pretty sure the diameter change issue is related to the fact that I haven’t used those bottom strut mount clips since before my RC level... anyways knocking found and fixed.

Old bolts slid into old struts to show that the wear marks line up with the LCA mount. Like a new truck!!

798026ea69e737e29c89d940844cf9df.jpg3459ba2c134fc5b015eb501e31c4c523.jpg

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

Great find!!

So the bolts from the Rough Country kit were the wrong diameter? What's the correct size info if you don't mind sharing?

6 minutes ago, All Terrain said:

Great find!!

So the bolts from the Rough Country kit were the wrong diameter? What's the correct size info if you don't mind sharing?

They were the wrong bolts for my LCA to lower strut mount connection when moving to the Eibach kit.  Don't know if they are wrong for all applications.  

I ended up buying grade 8 - 7/16 bolts that were 2.5" long.  Also used flange nuts to hold things tight along with a generous amount of loctite. 

Yeah I used to have a lifted dodge Cummins before this. I’m done with all that. But I always had AT tires. Never straight highway ones. And I’m starting to understand the whole “I’m old so I want it to look stock” comments I see everywhere now. Hahahhah

But I’ve had the BF KO’s and loved em, and some hankooks, wrangler silent armors. Right now I’m lookin at the new continental A/T they have. But I’ve always like the way the ridge grapplers look. Just never heard anything earth shattering about them.

Nitto Ridge Grapplers have much more durable and stronger side wall protection and are great off-roading but do think they’re a bit rougher riding on road than the KO2’s. Road rash shows up on the KO2’s but not easily on the Nittos.

I know that Continental Tires have had some great reviews but may have been somewhat premature reviews with not having enough miles on them to really do a quality longevity report on performance. My experience with the Continental all season highway tires which gave me excellent ride quality in the start but didn’t do well once you hit 20k on them, wore out fast so I switched to the Michelin Defenders and very happy I did and will say that the Michelin Defenders are the best highway tires I’ve ever owned on my Yukon XL and my CC Z71 DMax. My next tires, I’m going back with KO2’s simply for better absorption of in city cracks and small potholes, only so much the coil overs will do.
Next truck will be The Raptor, simply cause it has excellent handling and super capable along with very comfortable versus spending thousands on adding suspension on another truck and never getting to that level.

Sent from above
  • Like 1

I’ll throw in a vote for Cooper Discoverer tires if you’re looking to stay stock size. I went through two sets on my 2008 Sierra. Lasted 40-50k and walked through anything I ever went through. I didn’t go find a 5 foot deep mud pit, but it went through 16” of snow no problem.

Probably what will go on my ‘18 Silverado when I wear these stock Goodyear LS2 tires out.

• Like 2

Nitto Ridge Grapplers have much more durable and stronger side wall protection and are great off-roading but do think they’re a bit rougher riding on road than the KO2’s. Road rash shows up on the KO2’s but not easily on the Nittos.

I know that Continental Tires have had some great reviews but may have been somewhat premature reviews with not having enough miles on them to really do a quality longevity report on performance. My experience with the Continental all season highway tires which gave me excellent ride quality in the start but didn’t do well once you hit 20k on them, wore out fast so I switched to the Michelin Defenders and very happy I did and will say that the Michelin Defenders are the best highway tires I’ve ever owned on my Yukon XL and my CC Z71 DMax. My next tires, I’m going back with KO2’s simply for better absorption of in city cracks and small potholes, only so much the coil overs will do.
Next truck will be The Raptor, simply cause it has excellent handling and super capable along with very comfortable versus spending thousands on adding suspension on another truck and never getting to that level.

Sent from above

Noted. Thanks for the insight on the nittos! And yeah. A raptor is a whole different ballgame. Haha

I’ll throw in a vote for Cooper Discoverer tires if you’re looking to stay stock size. I went through two sets on my 2008 Sierra. Lasted 40-50k and walked through anything I ever went through. I didn’t go find a 5 foot deep mud pit, but it went through 16” of snow no problem.

Probably what will go on my ‘18 Silverado when I wear these stock Goodyear LS2 tires out.

I’ve had the coopers on a couple work trucks. I liked them, but not for mine specifically because they don’t have the rim guard. The wife ends up takin the truck sometimes and her rims make me wanna cry sometimes. And I know it’s harder to grind a truck rim, but these profiles keep getting smaller and smaller. I had 17’s on the dodge with 70’s, then 18’s on the tundra with 65’s and now we’re at 20’s with 55. So I’m not takin any chances haha.

My runners up right now are the ridge grapplers, the continental terraincontact A/T’s, and my Most recent were the Hankook dynapro ATm. They were ok. Not as impressive in the snow as I would have liked, but they now have an AT2 version out. What I really liked about them was the ride, The low noise, and they had the rim protectors but they also had stone ejectors in-between the lugs. And they worked the balls. I’m an airport engineer so I roll up at a lot of construction sites that are big and open gravel. Sometimes pretty live sand too. So my tires are always loaded with stones when I get home. These stayed pretty empty by comparison. So that was pretty cool.

Anyone know anything about the new pirelli scorpion AT Plus? It’s a new version of their scorpion at but updated. I had the scorpions and they were really soft and gave a splashy ride (and that was a load E). I wasn’t a fan.

• Like 2

Heard good things about those tires too.

Sent from above

I’ve had the coopers on a couple work trucks. I liked them, but not for mine specifically because they don’t have the rim guard. The wife ends up takin the truck sometimes and her rims make me wanna cry sometimes. And I know it’s harder to grind a truck rim, but these profiles keep getting smaller and smaller. I had 17’s on the dodge with 70’s, then 18’s on the tundra with 65’s and now we’re at 20’s with 55. So I’m not takin any chances haha.

My runners up right now are the ridge grapplers, the continental terraincontact A/T’s, and my Most recent were the Hankook dynapro ATm. They were ok. Not as impressive in the snow as I would have liked, but they now have an AT2 version out. What I really liked about them was the ride, The low noise, and they had the rim protectors but they also had stone ejectors in-between the lugs. And they worked the balls. I’m an airport engineer so I roll up at a lot of construction sites that are big and open gravel. Sometimes pretty live sand too. So my tires are always loaded with stones when I get home. These stayed pretty empty by comparison. So that was pretty cool.

Anyone know anything about the new pirelli scorpion AT Plus? It’s a new version of their scorpion at but updated. I had the scorpions and they were really soft and gave a splashy ride (and that was a load E). I wasn’t a fan.

My neighbor has the Dynapro ATM’s in his Ford and loves them. My big thing when buying tires is after 20k miles, the ability to hold traction and not doing a tire test inside first 3-5K miles like 95% of most tire reviews. The KO2’s are excellent all around tires, the Ridge Grapplers are the same (minus the snow performance experience) and had a couple fords with the Scorpions but wasn’t impressed at all with them. The Coopers aren’t my bag of tea either mostly due to larger size not being manufactured with enough Silica as the smaller passenger size tires. I’ve found that it’s not at all true what’s advertised and from my personal experience I’d stick with what you know for sure, an AT with all season capabilities is the perfect choice but you can get Michelin Defenders which are specifically engineered and built for the higher demands of the newer trucks and SUV’s with higher horse power and torque, just get a wider taller set and you’ll be driving with much more confidence through all weather added sidewall protection

Sent from above