What have you done to your K2 today?

Not my truck. But completed another High Country Interior Retrofit.

I failed to take a before pic. But truck had Cocoa Dune cloth interior. Swapped in High Country interior.

- Dash Swap (Leather White/Stitched)
- Added Heated Wheel
- Heated/Cooled Seats (truck had factory heat), gained cooled.
Console Swap (gained Wireless Charging)
- Leather swapped shifter
- Driver/Passenger seats are fully functional
- Fixed Airbag Light Error

Another happy customer!

19028b78c5152fbdb9e05cf47adce2f6.jpg

b4576952839ed87cb645c0c124619a62.jpg

a28aa14ab3e5b9367ece3ef5484bcf24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

5 hours ago, slide187 said:

The wife ends up takin the truck sometimes and her rims make me wanna cry sometimes. 

You should invest in a set of Rimblades or similar for her.

5 hours ago, slide187 said:

Anyone know anything about the new pirelli scorpion AT Plus? 

I bought a set of Pirelli Scorpions years ago for my S10 Blazer. Had 2 of them within a couple hundred miles shred the treads. First one blew out completely, second one chucked the tread off it like a retread semi tire nothing left but cords the whole way around going down the highway at 55+ was still holding air though. I’d read a lot of reviews from people that have put some miles on them before you buy them if I were you. After it happened I found a lot of similar unhappy Pirelli owners...  

• Like 2

I have Pirelli Scorpion Verdes on my wife’s MDX and at 20k miles they’re toast. That includes 3 rotations. I told Discount tire last week when I went for the 3rd rotation if they didn’t warranty them or throw some money at me for a new set of tires I was gonna be pissed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacoby said:

I have Pirelli Scorpion Verdes on my wife’s MDX and at 20k miles they’re toast. That includes 3 rotations. I told Discount tire last week when I went for the 3rd rotation if they didn’t warranty them or throw some money at me for a new set of tires I was gonna be pissed.

Good luck.  Pirelli's are not the tire people expect them to be for the money.  Get her a set of Michelins and call it a day.

• Like 2

Agreed.  I was not a fan of the Pirelli's and when we had the chance to get some P-Zero Neros for the wife's CTS I passed on them as the stock ones had gotten all scalloped very early on in their life (i'd say pre-25k) I went with some BFG 's on hers that are UHP all-season but to be honest, they look like more of an A/T tire than these stupid Wrangle SRA's that came on the Sierra SLT AT!!  hahahaha

The Continental Terraincontact A/T's have been out for a bit now and the reviews i've read are still around 4.5 - 5 stars around the 25-30K mark.  I've only found a handful of reviews where they've been driven between 30k and 50k but the ones i did find are all positive. (the highest was 43k) but he's in a similar climate and he was a fan. and he's had them 2wice thru all four seasons.

Plus tire rack did one of their comparison test drives with 4 tires and the Pirelli's and the continentals were in it.  They did a summer/wet road one as well as a winter one. And in their opinion the Continental was the clear performer in the summer and wet road one, whilst it fell into the pack for the winter stuff.  Tho none of the ones looked at were spectacular in the winter since they're all season, not specifically a "winter tire."

I'll be honest tho, in my experience (and i've had 4 different trucks over a perioid of about 26 years - god i'm old) The 2 tires i have had NO complaints about were the Wrangler Silent Armor with Kevlar, they wore like iron and had great traction, and the Yokohama Geolandar ATS (which they don't make anymore, its been replaced by the Geolandar G015 AT) the Goodyear is just very expensive, and the Yok's just have a boring look to them, but their new one is essentially new territory as well, so...

Anyways finally washed her and got all that goddamn mud off. :-D

IMG_6729.JPG

Edited by slide187

1 hour ago, lapoolboy said:

Good luck.  Pirelli's are not the tire people expect them to be for the money.  Get her a set of Michelins and call it a day.

Michelin Latitudes are what we replaced with the Pirellis. The Michelin’s sucked. Don’t get me wrong they make a great tire but those things were unbelievably loud. They have such a high mileage warranty on them and last so long because they’re hard as rocks. We had to air them way down to make the ride comfortable and therefore sacrificed longevity with them. The Scorpions were way better as far as comfort goes and that’s all my wife cares about. 

Im not sure what tire I’ll go with next but it won’t be the Pirellis again. She only drives a couple of miles a day so I may cheap out and go with an off brand. 

24 minutes ago, Jacoby said:

Michelin Latitudes are what we replaced with the Pirellis. The Michelin’s sucked. Don’t get me wrong they make a great tire but those things were unbelievably loud. They have such a high mileage warranty on them and last so long because they’re hard as rocks. We had to air them way down to make the ride comfortable and therefore sacrificed longevity with them. The Scorpions were way better as far as comfort goes and that’s all my wife cares about. 

Im not sure what tire I’ll go with next but it won’t be the Pirellis again. She only drives a couple of miles a day so I may cheap out and go with an off brand. 

Michelin makes more models besides Latitudes.

1 hour ago, lapoolboy said:

Michelin makes more models besides Latitudes.

I realize they make more models than that but at the time that was the only model offered for her car

I see thyve come out with a new model, the Primacy and even offer the Defender now for the MDX.  I would maybe consider the Defender.  I had a set on my Expedition and they were pretty damn good. 

1 hour ago, Jacoby said:

I realize they make more models than that but at the time that was the only model offered for her car

I see thyve come out with a new model, the Primacy and even offer the Defender now for the MDX.  I would maybe consider the Defender.  I had a set on my Expedition and they were pretty damn good. 

?

I lost the level on my ‘15 and went for a 6.5” Zone lift on 35” Nittos.  I’ve been wanting to do this since day one and finally went through with it. I am very pleased with the rides with the Fox 2.5 up front and 2.0 in the rear. Other additions are the headlights, grill, yellow fog light lenses and lights behind the grill   I also added a center console with Phil Gamboa’s harness.  Mirrors upgrades are next! 

72AA9A63-3F66-43D2-BC78-CE8AA8B5D556.jpeg

D701E070-D8B0-4E74-BFA3-D2B22D4FA9FF.jpeg

2595BC9D-3905-4014-AD31-B491656D3CA0.jpeg

• Like 4

I’ve had the coopers on a couple work trucks. I liked them, but not for mine specifically because they don’t have the rim guard. The wife ends up takin the truck sometimes and her rims make me wanna cry sometimes. And I know it’s harder to grind a truck rim, but these profiles keep getting smaller and smaller. I had 17’s on the dodge with 70’s, then 18’s on the tundra with 65’s and now we’re at 20’s with 55. So I’m not takin any chances haha.

Not totally disputing you, but the tires I snagged from Discount Tire(apparently Cooper Discoverer ATP is specific to DT, at least that’s what I was told) had a small lip from the wheel to the tire. Unless they’ve changed recently. I can’t speak for any other sets of Cooper Discoverer tires. But I totally understand. I don’t wanna scratch my chrome wheels either.

Swapped out the rear bumper for one from a wrecked 2016, since I backed into something and put a vertical dent in it.  Salvage yard guys were surprised I was replacing it. 

Wasn't really that bad to do.  Got one license plate bulb that is being a pain now.  Pull it out and it turns back on.  Put it in and it goes out.  Lights are from original.  Gonna replace bulb tonight and see what happens.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:12 PM, slide187 said:

Got her stuck pretty good dropping my atv and trailer off... thanks GM for putting highway tires on the “All-Terrain”. Hahaha 602502c01184474973c344a74c9a19ee.jpg

Same thing with the Z71................I wouldn't call them ALL TERRAIN

• Like 1