What have you done to your K2 today?

carbon fiber style with blue numbers and blue needles. $240 plus about $12 to ship to him for the upgrade. He pays return shipping to you. Shipped it out last Monday and got it back today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Looks good, even with the red letters.  Thought about blacking out the letters?

Maybe you can buy @Kurtj29's old one, and get it painted like he did to his new one.

Where'd you get the grill guard, and how much?

That's where I had my Uniden PC122XL (CB w/ U/L SSB) & Realistic PRO-2026 Scanner, in my '15 Silverado.  My 4' Firestik Antenna was (on my '15)/is (on my '18) on the right forward stake hole, with super duty barrel spring, but I'm looking at getting a "Sport Bar," roll-bar, and relocating it to the top of that.  Looking at putting them in my '18 in the same spot, but I have to purchase & install a new front end of the full console to do it, cupholder does NOT move on '16+.  :mad:  I'm looking at putting a cover around the radios, keeps trash, fries, etc, from getting down in the hole/cubbie where the radios are.  I may temp locate the radios forward of the cupholder, until I can get a more suitable forward section of the center console.  As for right now, I have the mount bracket, antenna, spring mounted on my '18, seeing how it will hold up, without a tonneau cover helping hold it down, going with a lower profile cover, than I had on my '15.  Attached the album for my '15, haven't posted any pictures lately of my '18, since I got my personal tags. 

Thanks Chris for the comments. Yea, I was following the whole saga when your 2015 got totaled. She was definitely a good looking truck.

My plan was to mount the 4' Firestik antenna with the heavy duty spring and quick disconnect centered on my front bed lip behind the cab. I have a GatorTrax retractable tonneau cover, so the stack pockets are out. I was on RightChannel Radios today and I'm starting to rethink my idea. They have a Firestik dome mount, I'm thinking of mounting that on the front non-retracting part of my tonneau and going with the Firestik 4' Firefly antenna, seeing how the aluminum tonneau cover isn't as strong as my bed lip. May just my stick with my original plan, seeing how its ordered already. As far as that filler piece to cover the area behind the CB, I purchased an external speaker to mount on top of the plexglass / lexan, seeing how the CB speaker will be under the plexiglass / lexan and there is adequate space behind the CB to mount it along with the Mike mount.

I would love to run a Scanner underneath the CB, as you did. When I retired from the Fire Service, they were going to digital radios and going away from the analog radios that were able to be picked up on the older scanners. I remember I had a Realistic home scanner to follow police and fire when I was much younger. I'm sure there are digital scanners out there, but probably way out of my price range. Anyway, when I get the project all completed, I'll post some pics of the finished project.

Good luck with outfitting the 2018.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WSFD6107 said:

Thanks Chris for the comments. Yea, I was following the whole saga when your 2015 got totaled. She was definitely a good looking truck.

My plan was to mount the 4' Firestik antenna with the heavy duty spring and quick disconnect centered on my front bed lip behind the cab. I have a GatorTrax retractable tonneau cover, so the stack pockets are out. I was on RightChannel Radios today and I'm starting to rethink my idea. They have a Firestik dome mount, I'm thinking of mounting that on the front non-retracting part of my tonneau and going with the Firestik 4' Firefly antenna, seeing how the aluminum tonneau cover isn't as strong as my bed lip. May just my stick with my original plan, seeing how its ordered already. As far as that filler piece to cover the area behind the CB, I purchased an external speaker to mount on top of the plexglass / lexan, seeing how the CB speaker will be under the plexiglass / lexan and there is adequate space behind the CB to mount it along with the Mike mount.

I would love to run a Scanner underneath the CB, as you did. When I retired from the Fire Service, they were going to digital radios and going away from the analog radios that were able to be picked up on the older scanners. I remember I had a Realistic home scanner to follow police and fire when I was much younger. I'm sure there are digital scanners out there, but probably way out of my price range. Anyway, when I get the project all completed, I'll post some pics of the finished project.

Good luck with outfitting the 2018.

My external speaker is behind my water bottle, in the picture with my Monster Rehab and water bottle in the cupholder, attached to both CB and Scanner.  Not sure where I'm going to put it now, with having to put the radios in a new spot, thanks to not being able to move the cupholder.  May go get a "P-clamp" and attach it on one of the driver's headrest posts. 

I had a handheld and this little scanner since 1991-ish, would listen to the aircraft maintenance frequencies at Cannon AFB (when I was stationed there), and the first time I was stationed at Edwards. 

21 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

My external speaker is behind my water bottle, in the picture with my Monster Rehab and water bottle in the cupholder, attached to both CB and Scanner.  Not sure where I'm going to put it now, with having to put the radios in a new spot, thanks to not being able to move the cupholder.  May go get a "P-clamp" and attach it on one of the driver's headrest posts. 

I had a handheld and this little scanner since 1991-ish, would listen to the aircraft maintenance frequencies at Cannon AFB (when I was stationed there), and the first time I was stationed at Edwards. 

Thank you for your service!!

Uniden had a CB that included a scanner and radar detector incorporated into the unit, but it was running over $400. I really don’t have any use for the Sideband right now, but it’s nice to have in case I need it in the future. I may visit the scanner issue in the future, but I’m looking to get a front / rear dash cam next.  Seeing how society seems to be headed in the wrong direction. So the scanner will have to wait for now.

• Like 1

.. took the pup to the vet for his last set of vaccinations today.. glad I invested in a waterproof rear seat liner.. poor little guy got sick on the ride home..  payed for itself x10!

20190409_141243.thumb.jpg.b1c48e0a43e875514f59fcf8f06e6c4e.jpg

(.. no the pic is not from today)

• Like 5

21 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

What's your wheel/tire setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are 18x9 Ultra Hunter 203s (i think) -12

Tires are BFG K02s 275/70/18s

.. took the pup to the vet for his last set of vaccinations today.. glad I invested in a waterproof rear seat liner.. poor little guy got sick on the ride home..  payed for itself x10!

20190409_141243.thumb.jpg.b1c48e0a43e875514f59fcf8f06e6c4e.jpg
(.. no the pic is not from today)

What brand and where did you get it from?

• Like 1

Fixed the chipping paint job on my front grill and headlight covers. Used plastidip since I do a lot of highway driving around construction zones and it just peppers the front end.

Also tinted the turn signals while the covers were off. Thinking about getting some knifeless tape and tinting where the DRL and amber side marker are.

b35ea4c4bbbee2db1ae4fe72f538b6fb.gifee44bafb091956220b1e148fdef551f0.gif

• Like 4