97 Z71 Trans problems

Hello all - First time poster.

I have a 97 Z71 with trans problems. Got a whine in first and reverse. Everything I read says Reaction Planetary is worn due to high miles (only has 123K on it but first 50,000 was as a farm truck). Still runs OK, just has that whine.

I'd like to know what year transmissions are interchangeable with this trans. I really don't want to pay the cost of a rebuild if I can find one out of a lower mileage truck. I see some transmissions for sale, but they say "fits 1998 thru xxx", so not sure if the 97 is unique.

Appreciate any help. I'd rather keep the truck since I've so much crap to it over the years, it's EXACTLY like I want it.

Thanx again.

Ray

your playing with fire with used CRAP !!!

but hey ,,,do what ya want

my 2 cents

i dont know what bolts up because i never searched the possibility,,,,obd2 is 95.5 and body style is to 1999 ,thats all i know

i say dont do it AT ALL

Hello all - First time poster.

I have a 97 Z71 with trans problems. Got a whine in first and reverse. Everything I read says Reaction Planetary is worn due to high miles (only has 123K on it but first 50,000 was as a farm truck). Still runs OK, just has that whine.

I'd like to know what year transmissions are interchangeable with this trans. I really don't want to pay the cost of a rebuild if I can find one out of a lower mileage truck. I see some transmissions for sale, but they say "fits 1998 thru xxx", so not sure if the 97 is unique.

Appreciate any help. I'd rather keep the truck since I've so much crap to it over the years, it's EXACTLY like I want it.

Thanx again.

Ray

Archived