What are you towing with your 2014?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the specs on your trailer? truck? hows she pull?

It pulls well. I just got back from a trip involving a lot of hills and only downshifted on the steepest of the hills. Moderate grades no downshift.

Trailer is 7500 lbs when packed for camping

Truck is SLT with 3.42 gears and the 5.3L

The only issue I've had towing is when I hit larger bumps at interstate speeds. When the trailer axle goes over bumps it causes he truck to rock forward and back for a second or two. I think it is the weight distribution hitch bars pushing weight to the front from the bump and the shocks taking to long to settle down. Not sure though. It is definitely not sway or side to side.

Would stiffer shocks resolve this?

It pulls well. I just got back from a trip involving a lot of hills and only downshifted on the steepest of the hills. Moderate grades no downshift.

The only issue I've had towing is when I hit larger bumps at interstate speeds. When the trailer axle goes over bumps it causes he truck to rock forward and back for a second or two. I think it is the weight distribution hitch bars pushing weight to the front from the bump and the shocks taking to long to settle down. Not sure though. It is definitely not sway or side to side.

I am not sure if stiffer shocks would solve that...my 2500 has the same problem, been doing some research on this and appears they tell you to adjust the weight distribution bars

I am not sure if stiffer shocks would solve that...my 2500 has the same problem, been doing some research on this and appears they tell you to adjust the weight distribution bars

I've been reading as well. I think I need to add a washer to put additional tension on bars. It's not real bad and only occurs occasionally but if I can solve this one issue it would be a perfect towing experience

Felt the same thing and solved it with a set of Firestone Ride Rite air bags. With just 20 lbs in the bags it's stable as a rock going over the freeway bridges. When I'm running empty I back the bags down to about 7 lbs and it rides like it did without the bags.

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased an Open Range 310bhs to tow with my 5.3 4x4 nht. Loaded it is going to be very close to my maximums (~93%)

Sent from my LG-G2

It's a heavy trailer, but you'll enjoy it. Weight distribution hitches are essential and I'll probably end up getting an air lift kit for good measure.

TRAILER_zps296e5877.jpg

It's a heavy trailer, but you'll enjoy it. Weight distribution hitches are essential and I'll probably end up getting an air lift kit for good measure.

TRAILER_zps296e5877.jpg

I'm looking at supersprings and bilstein 5100s instead of the bags. Have you put your rig across the scales?

Haven't scaled it yet, but supposedly dry its suppose to be around 8k pounds. I might take a look at the supersprings and 5100's, the truck is just too bouncy when under full load with the stock setup.

I concur... In my case they had removed a couple hundred pounds off the nose and maxed out my rear axle. That is causing a lot of pogo. Upgraded my hitch to a class v too. Heavy bugger. I'm heading down next week to have the hitch readjusted then I'll reweigh.

Archived