My new 2014...I'm so sick right now.

So, I bought a new 2014 Silverado. I have had it a week. I scheduled it to go to Line-X this past Friday. I was on my way to drop it off Friday and the Line-X place called and told me not to bring it and that we needed to reschedule because of the humidity in the air. It did look like it was going to rain and I though that was a smart move. We rescheduled for Tuesday at 11AM and I was a happy camper. I did call back on Friday at 12:30 because the sky cleared up and I wanted to know if they still didn't want to spray it because it was beautiful outside but I never got an answer.

Fast forward to Tuesday. It is a horrible day, raining like crazy. I call at 10AM to make sure they don't want me to reschedule again. They assure me they do not and that it is ok to spray it. This goes against everything they told me on Friday about humidity. Oh, well, I drop it off. They tell me they will call when it is done.

I leave work at 4:30PM and I realized they never called. My ride drops me off and they tell me they had a minor problem but I will be leaving in my truck. Keep in mind they close at 5PM. I tell my ride to go. I then sit there forever. I finally go out to the bay to look. Apparently the Line-X bubbled. They had to grind and chisel it off. It is a mess. The top edge of the bed below the rear window is down to bare metal with grind marks all in it.

I calmly go and sit back down. They continue to grind and try to get the Line-X off. They then start back spraying but I didn't know it at the time. I finally call my wife and tell her to come get me...28 miles away. She gets there at 7:15PM. They are still working on my truck. It bubbled again. They are stripping it all AGAIN..... I told them I would come and get the truck today and they had until 5PM.

It rained hard here last night...really hard. I can still eat fast food, go to Wal-Mart, buy a new car, and go to the mall, they are all open. The Line-X place is closed and they still have my truck in the bay. I drove up there to look and see if they finished last night...nope. Then I realized that one of the Line-X guys lives in a camper in a parking lot. They didn't even call to let me know it will be another day after messing it up in the first place.

So here I sit, going into day three, a $44K truck less than 1 week old, and my bed is being destroyed. I am waiting on Line-X corperate to call me back. I don't want to pay them a penny, I don't want a damaged bed underneath the Line-X and I really don't want the truck anymore. It was suppossed to be my perfect new ride but now it is butchered.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i don't think i would be paying for that. They do have to scuff the paint up anyway when applying any bed liner.

Did they grind into the bed or did they just take the paint off? If its just the paint then i wouldn't worry, that needs to be done anyway. Just make sure they do a damn good job re-coating it when its dry out.

Still i wouldn't be paying a cent.

I have no confidence they will get it correct. We are talking going into day 3 of a 3 hour bedliner job. They already sprayed it in twice and failed twice. Something is not right and it is not the Line-X product. If they can't spray it in what makes you think they are properly removing it. I am just sick to my stomach.

Another reason to get a drop in liner...

But seriously, it's just the bed. And the LineX, if they ever get it right, will cover up all of the imperfections. I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't pay a dime for it though.

Another reason to get a drop in liner...

But seriously, it's just the bed. And the LineX, if they ever get it right, will cover up all of the imperfections. I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't pay a dime for it though.

Really? Drop ins are garbage. They ruin the paint, are usually slippery as hell when wet and warp with time. Both my 2011 and my 2003 Line-X looked new as long as I had them. I'll never own a newer truck without it.

It wouldn't weigh on me so heavily if it wasn't brand new.

That really sucks. If it was me I'd say sorry but 3 strikes and you're out. I'd talk to corporate and tell them you don't want these guys doing ANYTHING more with your truck (unless they finally get it right in the meantime). I'd find another Line-X installer and take it there and get them to fix it. As for how much of a discount you should get when you're done, I'm not sure.

I think I would be sick. This is my biggest fear about getting a spray in liner. I know I don't want to watch them prep it. I bought mine back in September, and waited all fall and winter for better weather, before getting it done.

Can you tell me what city, or at least State this was in? I have an appointment at Line-X to have mine sprayed in next Thursday, May 8th.

I have seen several they have done, and they look awesome.

I have heard of another brand that had moisture get in their tank once, and it sounds just like what you are dealing with.

I know I wouldn't look at it again, until they get it done right. They will have mine from 8AM-5PM.

Good luck, and I hope everything works out well. Keep us posted.

LineX will not stop corrosion on carbon steel which has been exposed to moisture.

Just a thought...

But yeah, that sucks stinky goat nuts right there.

Yep, that is my main concern too. This thing will never be right and all it will do is lead to problems. It rained like crazy last night and who knows how much surface rust is on that bed before they tried to cover it up. They ruined my new truck and it is obvious they are being shady. I don't even plan on returning their calls. I'll go pick it up after I talk with corperate and somebody fixes this mess. At the very least I will take the hit and trade this POS back in.

Archived