Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

Found a buyer for my stock tires, finally! So I decided to go with BFG KO 2's! 275/70/R18's. The ride is definitely harsher and fuel mileage has suffered slightly...but they look so sweet!!! Plus, they really make the truck look more rugged, like a true 4 by 4IMG_20150810_160804.jpgIMG_20150811_071643.jpg[/urlIMG_20150811_072124.jpg

• Like 1

Not the OP, but here you go:

275-70-18_zps0kd3qhhr.jpg

275-70-18-2_zpsib22bs24.jpg

Very nice. Thanks for posting this! On a side note, one of the my subordinates just came into my office and said "Did you put new wheels and tires on your truck?" I said, just tires. He said "Man, that really changes the look of your truck!". Perfect. :)

• Like 1

Gotta share my "score" that helped me get the new tires. I was on Craigslist, and a guy posted a gift certificate to Discount Tire that he won. It was a $500 gift certificate that he wanted $300 for. I couldn't dial his number fast enough! I offered $250. He countered with $275. I said "Deal!" He met me at Discount Tire (I love that place) where they confirmed that authenticity, and handed him $275.00. The manager looked at me and said "Man, that was a score!" I said yep, now let's put some real tires on my truck! Yesssss......... :)

• Like 1

Is a BFG KO A/T 285/65r20 to much for stock all terrain rims? Looks to be about 34"x11" so guessing I will have rubbing if stock height? Found a good deal on a set and hoping they will work

You'll rub like crazy with a 34" tire at stock height.

Gotta share my "score" that helped me get the new tires. I was on Craigslist, and a guy posted a gift certificate to Discount Tire that he won. It was a $500 gift certificate that he wanted $300 for. I couldn't dial his number fast enough! I offered $250. He countered with $275. I said "Deal!" He met me at Discount Tire (I love that place) where they confirmed that authenticity, and handed him $275.00. The manager looked at me and said "Man, that was a score!" I said yep, now let's put some real tires on my truck! Yesssss......... :)

That's a sweet deal!

This morning I installed a Suspension Maxx 1.5" level with the adapter for the Magnetic Ride Control and the 22" wheels I had and some new tires. I went with Nitto Terra Grappler G2 in a 305/45R22. I am surprised, but no cutting and no rubbing. I think it looks good.

did the leveling kit give you any problem with the mag ride? great looking truck by the way.

did the leveling kit give you any problem with the mag ride? great looking truck by the way.

No problems with the mag ride. It seems to work exactly as before. It has brackets that come with the kit to move the sensor arm up just a little to compensate for the lift. Works well, super easy to install too. I think it took me like 20 minutes or so to get it all done, but I did it on a lift. I have a friend with a taller lift set up from them on a Yukon Denali with the mag setup and his works well too. Really happy with it so far.

Thanks for the compliment on the truck, I am really pleased with the way it is turning out. First new vehicle I have ever purchased.

Not the OP, but here you go:

Thanks, but I was looking for "on the truck" measurements as each tire mfg is different. For example, Nittos tend to run wider but not as tall. BFG has always run true to height, but the width is lacking, especially in the tread and section width.

Prdtrgttr and fpdsniper pics show that....BFG is a tall tire, but very narrow looking from the front and rear.

"Z71 Chevy" added the 1.5 BL to the level and has some rub with 295/70r18, so all signs point to 285/65r18 on a leveled truck unless you increase your lift or want to deal with some rubbing.

Found a buyer for my stock tires, finally! So I decided to go with BFG KO 2's! 275/70/R18's. The ride is definitely harsher and fuel mileage has suffered slightly

Maybe not as bad as you think, if you haven't corrected your speedometer. 5% bigger tire so if you've went 100 miles according to your odometer, you've really went 105 miles.

Lets say on a 15 gallons of gas you went 300 miles (according to the odometer), the dashboard says 20mpg

But really, with the taller tires you went 315 miles, so you really got 21mpg

• Like 2

Okay I need of some help rather quickly. I am having a 2 inch leveling kit installed on my 2015 Z71 1500. I was wondering if 285 65 18 bfg KO2 with 18 fuel mavericks would rub. Has anyone attempted this or seen this? Any help is appreciated thanks!