Driver info center - it all works but......

i really liked seeing in my old car how much fuel as been used... am i missing something? is it hidden in here somewhere? i really think it shoudl be in with the trip "A" and "B"

also, the one screen i like is the digital speedo but ideally if i was able to make a customized screen i would have the Digital speedo, V8/V4 so you know what you are running on and, instant MPG/L/100k.

i dont think there is currently anything else in with the speedo.

The analog gauges for fuel and speed aren't good enough?!?

ya the needle speedo is fine but i still cant see fuel used on any screen. there is current fuel being used but nothing that shows "15L used since last reset" or something like that. i guess i started relying on it too much when i got a new gas tank put in my CTS, it would always overfill and spill so i would just put in the amount of gas that the screen said i used since last fill up/reset.

but it would be awesome to be able to make your own layout. it really shouldnt be all that hard i GM would release some computer app where you just design your layout and colours save to usb then upload to the truck....in theroy,...but obviously that wont ever happen.

the software is capable of it.

On the truck my family has we have the fuel used screen. What truck do you have and what trim level is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a 14 Sierra SLT

Edit - SLE not SLT

I have never seen any vehicle show amount of fuel used. I love having as much information available, but it is kind of pointless to know-- you really don't get anything from knowing what that number is at any given time. The important information with fuel is "how much do I have left before I run out", which we have. You can always estimate the fuel burned from looking at the fuel gauge-- my experience says that from the empty to full lines is about 22 to 22.5 gallons. So at the halfway mark is 11 to 11.25 gallons used. And each quarter mark is 5.5 to 5.625 gallons. Etc.

If you don't already keep a mileage log for your truck, you should. There is much more information to obtain from that data than from a useless instantaneous estimate like fuel burned.

well there are the miles driven and the MPG displayed, how about a little math in the head to keep from getting bored on the drive, keep up the math skills...

I have never seen any vehicle show amount of fuel used.

It's nice to have. I had it on my 2011 F150 and it was something I liked and miss on this truck. It was very accurate as well.

Our traverse has it and I like it. It has a 22 gal tank so with 20.8 gal used I know what is left even thought the miles left shows "low". I know I can go 10 miles to the cheap gas and not have to stop at the crap station next to my office that is $.10 higher.

Go into the driver information settings and arrow to "pages" I think it's called. Seems like I recall having that information page available but I left it turned off on mine. You can set which "pages" you want to scroll through and be displayed or turned off, like odometer, fuel range, trailer brake controller, speedometer, MPG averages, fuel used, engine hours, trans temp, etc.

Edited to add, it very well might not be the page or information you are looking for, but it seems like I remember seeing the page option for fuel used. But honestly I didn't play with it to see if it's resetable or if it displays the total amount of fuel that has been burned in the truck. Seems like my Duramax showed that info too but it was a total for the truck and couldn't reset it. Same for the engine hours.

Our Denali has the fuel used screen. But then again the Denali cluster is different from all other clusters. But my friends 14 SLT has it too at about the last page (if I remember correctly but it was there for sure) there is a way to add other "pages" like other people above said. So maybe you just have to check there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill check again tomorrow, but I was playing around and couldnt find the option and I think I have all the possible pages turned on, even the 1 blank page which seems kinda wasteful.

Edit.. just noticed i typed SLT. I have the SLE. Typo..

anyone else notice the digital speedometer and the analog speeds do not match up perfectly?

at 120km/hr on the digital it looks like im doing 122km/hr i had it set to cruise and it sat still like that. not the biggest deal but which one is right? lol

i took a pic of it, im going to email it in to my dealer and have them look into it before i actually bother to bring it in.

I this same topic for how gm brags about these trucks being able to tow it would be nice if they had a "tow screen" where it showed us the trans temp, brake gain, water temp and oil temp. that way you can easily keep an eye on all your temp especially if you tow a heavy load in the mountains or hell just heavy traffic. that would be sweet!

Archived