Cargo Lights on with Reverse Lights

I bypassed the not working in drive function using a PAC tr7 module triggered by the cargo light momentary ground and have it activating the cargo light relay. Simple and effective. I can write it up better later if anyone is interested.

I'm with Derbaby, someone help us figure out how to get the towing mirror lights and the cargo lights to come on while in Drive without shifting to Neutral.

Thank you again to those who've figured out how to get the fog lights to stay on with high beams and the cargo lights with reverse lights, now, just this last missing piece of the puzzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am looking into a solution that only requires a wire. It seems the in drive interrupts the + signal to activate the relay. If I'm right, it will only take running a wire from driver side in front of door to passenger side fuse box and putting a diode in to prevent feed back to bcm. I tapped my low amp + input to the back of the passenger fuse panel control wire for the cargo light relay (which plugs into the back of that fuse panel).

Hello,

Good idea, but I took your step little different. I have the puddle light and I tapped into that.

attachicon.gif2014-11-26 16.22.17.jpg

This way, when vehicle is in "run" position, puddle lights and the cargo lights will be completely off (as would the cargo light switch would too)

I also have a overhead canopy light, so it HAS to be off when backing up.

I have attached the diagram, REMEMBER, the orientation of the diagram is with the plug out, and the plug end facing you with clip fastener facing up!

attachicon.gif2014-11-26 09.01.06.png

**** TIP****

I have had trouble keeping the leads of the diode in the wire socket, I end up sanding it sharp so I can get it in deeper next to the exposed area of the wire. IT ALSO HELPS if you wiggle the wire to the opposite direction it is leaning on to and insert the leads in that side. Wiggle the wire to the other side allows it to push back and keep the leads of the diode in the pressured position to maintain a solid connection.

I've been wanting to turn my cargo lights/trailer mirror lights on while driving so I can see my rear tires in the dark on the trail.

Looking at the diagram above, I wonder if I could tap off the child safety switch to make it switch activated? The switch is useless to me right now.

Thoughts?

I did it with a latching relay. I posted how I did it in the 2500 forum

I've been wanting to turn my cargo lights/trailer mirror lights on while driving so I can see my rear tires in the dark on the trail.

Looking at the diagram above, I wonder if I could tap off the child safety switch to make it switch activated? The switch is useless to me right now.

Thoughts?

I just want them to come on automatically with reverse

• Like 1

Then just follow the instructions in this thread. I thought you meant about working in drive

I'm with you, I want mine to come on while in drive as well... Edited by 6.2Midnight