What about Black Silverado/Sierra Photos?

10 hours ago, kgkern01 said:

Just got mine paint corrected and ceramic coated.

Looks great. I am trying to figure out if this is really worth doing. Also it is good to see you did this - looks like your rig is several years old. My truck is only a couple of weeks old but I feel like every time I wash it, I am making a decision to not get it ceramic coated.

• Like 1

Black and red theme for my 2016 Sierra Denali. Red calipers, coilovers, spark plug wires and boot covers. Not a lick of chrome except for a few items in the interior. Not sure why they stopped using the red backlighting in the interior for the GMC's in 2017+. Thought it fit the red GMC logo and separated it from all other brands. I'll enjoy the last year it was made, maybe when I buy again they'll be back to red backlighting :-)

BM 1.JPG

BM 3.JPG

BM 14.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kurtj29 said:

Looks great. I am trying to figure out if this is really worth doing. Also it is good to see you did this - looks like your rig is several years old. My truck is only a couple of weeks old but I feel like every time I wash it, I am making a decision to not get it ceramic coated.

Thanks!  Yeah it’s a 2015, just got it in May.  The paint didn’t seem bad before, until we stripped the wax, clay barred, and got some good lighting on it, especially with the detailing light.  I would 100% say that it was worth it.  Paint is incredibly reflective and smooth now, and water won’t stay on at all, cleaning is so easy.  Expensive, but worth it.

Black and red theme for my 2016 Sierra Denali. Red calipers, coilovers, spark plug wires and boot covers. Not a lick of chrome except for a few items in the interior. Not sure why they stopped using the red backlighting in the interior for the GMC's in 2017+. Thought it fit the red GMC logo and separated it from all other brands. I'll enjoy the last year it was made, maybe when I buy again they'll be back to red backlighting :-)

5c09cc2168bd2_BM1.thumb.JPG.0f15c67a260c1af60307e104c62ca1a9.JPG
5c09cc247a5bf_BM3.thumb.JPG.b97c27ca034b0a15a033b3f9241155b1.JPG
5c09ccd99aa7e_BM14.thumb.JPG.270d1ba3e41a9f801e6aeec18bdf26cf.JPG

I like your build, do you have more pictures. I would like to see your blacked out Denali grill. Looks good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is mine.  Didn't want to blast the chrome or plastidip it so left the chrome.  rps20180730_095448.thumb.jpg.350cccf268d602dfda53e98a3107a7e5.jpg 

Interesting. Can you provide a bigger picture, it is a little small. So it looks like you went with a black “skid plate” and then painted the Chrome surround on the grill black. That looks good. I want to “black-out” my Denali but I don’t want it to be “murdered”. I still want some chrome but the stock Denali is a little over board on the chrome. I really like what you did. Great job.

Also looking back at your side picture I see you blacked out the a lot of the chrome on the side - very nice. I like your build, more pictures would be great. That is just what I want to do. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a textured skid plate (no down time with truck apart) and smoothed it then primed and painted it. Easy for me (body man) and materials are available.  Gets alot of looks and it's different from all the others.  

• Like 1