What about Black Silverado/Sierra Photos?

Picking up some new Makita cordless tools today .

Poof there goes a grand

BTW 

I never park close to the door. 

Idiots like to open their door into your truck .

I'll walk a little to avoid the door dings.

IMG_20190107_113944.jpg

15 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Picking up some new Makita cordless tools today .

Poof there goes a grand

BTW 

I never park close to the door. 

Idiots like to open their door into your truck .

I'll walk a little to avoid the door dings.

IMG_20190107_113944.jpg

nothing like black and chrome...wheels are sweet...and I can relate to the tool expenditure haha...

I have been playing in Photoshop with GMC's marketing image.  To my taste, I really think the current truck has too much chrome.  Trying to dial it back.  I wanted to create more of a "midnight" version of my Denali without going full-black out (Murdered). 

Midnight Denali - Black Skid Plate, Blacken the chrome surround on the grill, black mirror caps, black door handles, back out the chrome step and black 20" wheels but may go with 18". 

I want to leave a little chrome - the center of the grill, the trim on the windows and maybe the door strip. 

Also, I want to pick up the red in the GMC logo with red tow hooks.    

This is what I am thinking, will probably put it together over the next couple of months.

2018-Kurt-Denali-Midnight-V4-Final.thumb.jpg.2d55812da9d1d3d540d1b5d59e0ce056.jpg

Here is the standard stock image, for comparison.

2018-Kurt-Denali-stdsm.thumb.jpg.8a60cd576cfd0056fc0de59020ed08ac.jpg

Edited by Kurtj29
and picture
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kurtj29 said:

I have been playing in Photoshop with GMC's marketing image.  To my taste, I really think the current truck has too much chrome.  Trying to dial it back.  I wanted to create more of a "midnight" version of my Denali without going full-black out (Murdered). 

Midnight Denali - Black Skid Plate, Blacken the chrome surround on the grill, black mirror caps, black door handles, back out the chrome step and black 20" wheels but may go with 18". 

I want to leave a little chrome - the center of the grill, the trim on the windows and maybe the door strip. 

This is what I am thinking, will probably put it together over the next couple of months.

2018-Kurt-Denali-Midnight-V4-Final.thumb.jpg.2d55812da9d1d3d540d1b5d59e0ce056.jpg

There is a version of your wheels with black inserts. Had them on my 2016. IMG_1380.JPG

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

There is a version of your wheels with black inserts. Had them on my 2016. IMG_1380.JPG

Those are really nice. They are also very spendy $$$ at almost $600/wheel from GMC. Wow!  I like my wheels but was trying to get away from 22" rims - I really want to get some 18" in an effort to get more rubber, but I really like the Method 605's and they only come in 20". They have a good size lip.  Maybe 20" would be a good compromise.

Method_mr605_wheel_6lug_matte_black_20x1

Edited by Kurtj29

5 minutes ago, Kurtj29 said:

Those are really nice. They are also very spendy $$$ at almost $600/wheel from GMC. Wow!  I like my wheels but was trying to get away from 22" rims - I really want to get some 18" in an effort to get more rubber, but I really like the Method 605's and they only come in 20". They have a good size lip.  Maybe 20" would be a good compromise.

2018-Kurt-Denali-stdsm.jpg

Had the factory 20”s on my 14. You do have quite a bit more sidewall with them. A lot more options for off road tires too. IMG_1354.JPG

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kurtj29 said:

Check out Black Rhino Company for wheels...they have some really sharp black rims that dont have all the fancy extra flashy chrome stuff that fuel wheels have (if you are looking for a clean simple wheel).  Or just get some black factory 18's either way, i am a big fan of 18" rims...i would have a really hard time with 22" rims...i had 20" on my last truck...they were ok...but wouldnt go bigger (and again, IMO).

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 1:35 AM, Kurtj29 said:

I am running 20x9s with 295/55/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I like the look

On 1/7/2019 at 11:18 PM, Kurtj29 said:

Looks really similar to mine.

3 hours ago, Denali_King said:

Looks really similar to mine.

Yes, as the saying goes “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”.  I liked what you did with your truck, I wondered if just painting the chrome surround on the grill would look good - yours does. BTW do you have any better pictures of the front of your truck?  Still trying to decide if I need to go with black wheels, I like your with the std 22” chrome wheels.

2 hours ago, Kurtj29 said:

Yes, as the saying goes “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”.  I liked what you did with your truck, I wondered if just painting the chrome surround on the grill would look good - yours does. BTW do you have any better pictures of the front of your truck?  Still trying to decide if I need to go with black wheels, I like your with the std 22” chrome wheels.

Mine aren't standard anymore.  Mine was an ultimate that came with the chrome inserts. I tore the wheels down and painted them a darker charcoal and blacked the inserts.  I'll have to take a pic when it's clean. 

Installed ICI Magnum steps today.  I like them better than the stock chrome running boards (which are for sale, contact me if interested and you are in Texas).  

I think tint is next.  

CC0FF628-F20C-450E-BDFB-07C591738A31.png

On 1/7/2019 at 12:21 PM, kgkern01 said:

Thanks!  They are 295/55R20 Ridge Grapplers, and 1.5” SuspensionMaxx Magneride level kit.  I tow my boat in the summer so didn’t want to go too high in the front, I still have about 1.2” rake front to rear.  Tires don’t rub at all except at 100% full lock I get some slight rub on the sway bar but that’s it.

I’m getting the same tire rub is it anything to be concerned about ?