95s10problems

Question

Okay so I got a 95 s10 with the 4L60e trans, so I'll be driving down the road and I guess in about 3rd to forth gear at around 40-50 mph the rpm will drop to between 2-3 thousand rpm (shifting into 4th i believe) and a rather loud humming noise occurs. Is this normal? Or should I be worried? Please help I work 6days a week and have to drive this truck everyday. Just need to know if this is normal, thanks

2 answers to this question

It's NOT normal if it just started, unfortunately I don't know anybody that can diagnose a tranny without driving the vehicle. I have had the relays in a 4L60e "BUZZ" because of a bad diode trio/rectifier in an alternator, but your problem could be as simple as a bad U-joint or bad driveshaft hanger bearing. Heck, it could be a bad wheel or axle bearing for all I know. My point is, have it checked at a shop you trust, if you don't know one, ask friends and family if they can recommend a shop they trust. I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer than that, good luck and welcome to the site.

Archived