Post photos of your 2500/3500 HD's

The tires on those 20s in the picture are BFG AT2s and are a 124/127 rated tire. Same tire rating as the 3500. I’m keeping my BFGs and 20s and putting them in my 3500. Stock 20” tires are a 121 rating but the AT2s are 124 so they should work no problem on the 3500.

Ive read expensively on it and shouldn’t be an issue at all so long as the tire is 124 load rating

Note: stock tires are both “E” load range but my understanding is the number that comes after it specifies the tires actual load capacity
The only number that matters is the the load capacity in pounds...load range is just that, a range, change tire size within a load range and the load capacity (in pounds) changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

She struggled with the hills on 81 and 78 in pa

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I've towed there with mine, just as heavy. Most I did was drop a gear or two? I even have 3.73 rears...interstate driving is easy, just sucks fuel like a criminal.

I live just north of Reading, drag a camper and/or a trailer up and down i78, i81, rt322, and i80 probably once a month.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I've towed there with mine, just as heavy. Most I did was drop a gear or two? I even have 3.73 rears...interstate driving is easy, just sucks fuel like a criminal.

I live just north of Reading, drag a camper and/or a trailer up and down i78, i81, rt322, and i80 probably once a month.

Was a awsome trip going to and coming home from bedford. Truck was screaming at 3 to4k pedal almost to the floor. Truck nds a little more ooomph in this 6.0 if ya ask me.

...c150b28c6e923fc99ee971a6cdfd2a9f.jpg73544914afd9cc5e24c1c8ff80514593.jpg

On 11/11/2017 at 8:01 PM, cmysstailights said:

Was a awsome trip going to and coming home from bedford. Truck was screaming at 3 to4k pedal almost to the floor. Truck nds a little more ooomph in this 6.0 if ya ask me.

5,000+ rpm is screaming, peek power isn't till 4,400rpm...

You won't hurt the motor, let it spin and try to keep it in the power band.

• Like 1

5,000+ rpm is screaming, peek power isn't till 4,400rpm...

You won't hurt the motor, let it spin and try to keep it in the power band.
Has anyone had any luck with a hand held tuner that helped a little. Looking to tune for e85 and 87oct switchable

On 11/5/2017 at 1:40 PM, redwngr said:

And the seats (10 way vs 12 way), and the dash display.

Gorgeous truck.

Ya, thinking you're right on the DIC display. This beauty does have the 12 way power seats tho'!!

Interesting.

Order guide ('17) says 2500 SLT gets 2 way power lumbar and 2500 Denali gets 4 way power lumbar, (to get 10 vs 12) and doesn't show 12 way as optional on SLT.

2017 HD sierra brochure shows 12 way optional on SLT with the heated and ventilated. 

'17 (and '18) Guide shows the same difference between LTZ and High Country (12 way vs 10 way due to 4 way power lumbar vs 2 way)

17 HD silverado brochure breaks out seat detail differently than on sierra, and it shows 4 way lumbar only on HC.

Front up/down   1, 2

Rear up/down    3, 4

Seat back forward/back   5, 6

Seat frame ahead/back    7, 88

Lumbar firm/soft        9, 10

Lumbar up/down       11, 12

Edited by redwngr

Towing with a 6.0l !!! If you want to get up the hills and actually use the engines power range. You should be in the 4500-- to 5000 RPM Range while towing heavy up steep hills.  This is where the engine lives and will do its best work.   Its a small block Chevy. Let it eat. 

3000 to 4000 rpm you are right on the limit of fuel knock if you have bad gas and are unaware of it.  Just my 2 cs

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 2016HD said:

This is where the engine lives and will do its best work.   Its a small block Chevy. Let it eat. 

I agree 100%. Too many people try to lug them like a big block or a diesel. It's an LS based motor...let that sucker scream! 

• Like 2