Post photos of your 2500/3500 HD's

My 2016 Denali 2500. Waiting for my 2018 Denali 3500 SRW in Frost White on order. Can't wait to post those pics.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9a3.thumb.jpg.8327b268b3446b1356e34a02ffcd61c3.jpg

Looks like a big trailer. I can understand you stepping up to the 3500. Will likely do the same at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, wrc7732 said:

Looks like a big trailer. I can understand you stepping up to the 3500. Will likely do the same at some point.

He will gain overload springs and a door sticker that has a higher load rating while loosing his 20in. wheels.

A 2500+3500 SRW don't have much difference.

I find the 3500 to be a no brainier unless you want the factory 20's and don't want to swap them out.

Edited by SMiller

He will gain overload springs and a door sticker that has a higher load rating while loosing his 20in. wheels.

I find the 3500 to be a no brainier unless you want the factory 20's and don't want to swap them out.

I’ve oft wondered what the actual differences are. There’s like an 1300 lb increase in carrying capacity, from 2200 to 3500+. It’s crazy. Got to be more than just the overload springs. Im guessing the general leaf springs and rear axle components, if not some frame differences.

Anyway. Whatever. I’ll use it to sell myself on an upgrade at some point. [emoji1]

7 hours ago, wrc7732 said:

I’ve oft wondered what the actual differences are. There’s like an 1300 lb increase in carrying capacity, from 2200 to 3500+. It’s crazy. Got to be more than just the overload springs. Im guessing the general leaf springs and rear axle components, if not some frame differences.

Anyway. Whatever. I’ll use it to sell myself on an upgrade at some point. emoji1.png

Same leaf pack minus the over loads that sit on top of the leaf pack, same AAM axle, same frame.

No price difference.

Same leaf pack minus the over loads that sit on top of the leaf pack, same AAM axle, same frame.

No price difference.
The rear axle is different between a 2500hd and 3500srw...in a 6.0l truck anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, redwngr said:

Are you going to a 2500 SLE?

I not finding the vinyl flooring option on 1500 SLE -- but of course I could be looking the wrong place in the guide.

If you're asking me - yes. I have a 1500 with tons of goodies. Upgrading to a 2500 with less goodies, but still like the SLE trim.

Love the pics everyone!

4 hours ago, sdeeter19555 said:

The rear axle is different between a 2500hd and 3500srw...in a 6.0l truck anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yes I am aware as I own a 6.0 3500 SRW, the poster in question has a Duramax and I am going to go out on a limb and assume he ordered his new 3500 with a Duramax as well meaning that both trucks share the same frame, axle, and leaf spring pack minus the overloads that are added to the top of the pack although they make no difference untill the truck squats 2-3in.

On 11/7/2017 at 7:06 PM, SMiller said:

The tires on those 20s in the picture are BFG AT2s and are a 124/127 rated tire. Same tire rating as the 3500. I’m keeping my BFGs and 20s and putting them in my 3500. Stock 20” tires are a 121 rating but the AT2s are 124 so they should work no problem on the 3500.

Ive read expensively on it and shouldn’t be an issue at all so long as the tire is 124 load rating

Note: stock tires are both “E” load range but my understanding is the number that comes after it specifies the tires actual load capacity

Edited by DHG.

13 hours ago, DHG. said:

The tires on those 20s in the picture are BFG AT2s and are a 124/127 rated tire. Same tire rating as the 3500. I’m keeping my BFGs and 20s and putting them in my 3500. Stock 20” tires are a 121 rating but the AT2s are 124 so they should work no problem on the 3500.

Ive read expensively on it and shouldn’t be an issue at all so long as the tire is 124 load rating

Note: stock tires are both “E” load range but my understanding is the number that comes after it specifies the tires actual load capacity

I would do the same, keep your good looking 20's and BFG's to put on new truck.

It gets worse, wait till you load it down.

Look at all the money you saved though.
I might do a programmer and see if it helps, truck struggled a little on the hills and camper is only 8500lbs. Only plus is i think my mpg was similar between e85 and 87oct. Just need a bigger tank, fuel range of 350 miles ouch

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, cmysstailights said:

I might do a programmer and see if it helps, truck struggled a little on the hills and camper is only 8500lbs. Only plus is i think my mpg was similar between e85 and 87oct. Just need a bigger tank, fuel range of 350 miles ouch

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Programmer won't do much.. Do a custom tune. Try to find a good local tuner. These 6.0s drive so much better with a mild tune. The towing is excellent as well.