2016 Silverado redesign already?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/face-lifted-gmc-sierra-spied-details-change-the-shape-remains-the-same/

Looks to me like they moved the fog lights too. My Lease is up in late 2016. Here's hoping this refresh is a good one. Would like to have HID's or LED's standard for the headlights!!!

Of course they could be testing 2 or 3 years out.

And the reason they test is that sometimes what gets tested gets changed.

And sometimes, they 'test' in visible locations with the intent of misleading.

They definatley take some getting used to that's for sure. I think the issue is that most people aren't used to driving with projector lights. I've had them before so it wasn't so bad but the HID's I have in there help a ton!!

They definatley take some getting used to that's for sure. I think the issue is that most people aren't used to driving with projector lights. I've had them before so it wasn't so bad but the HID's I have in there help a ton!!

Ya, my dad thought his headlights sucked, I explained to him that they have cut off so to not blind people and he said oh ok, in that case it isn't that they aren't bright enough. This was when I was telling him to get the tsb done and he decided that his truck is good enough without it.

The issue with the current GM projectors is they went very cheap on the projector glass. Instead of a smooth finish which delivers a cleaner and better light they went with a "dimpled" finish. That compared with the pairing of a low output halogen bulb makes for a poor performing headlight. This is why most users go with an aftermarket HID kit.

20130909_212543_zps675a54c3.jpg

GM on the left, high end FXR on the right

The issue with the current GM projectors is they went very cheap on the projector glass. Instead of a smooth finish which delivers a cleaner and better light they went with a "dimpled" finish. That compared with the pairing of a low output halogen bulb makes for a poor performing headlight. This is why most users go with an aftermarket HID kit.

I always thought they used the dimpled glass because thats what halogen projectors used.

I went to a car show a couple months back, I saw many high end cars uses the same dimple pattern. I think it is there to smooth the light distribution.

the dimpled pattern has nothing to do with the output. just ask the guys at TRS many of the high end and best lighting system have a dimpled lens.

no idea why exactly.

for the record i do not believe there is anything wrong with the factory projector, it's just that they designed it to be used with an incandescent bulb!

its a little like carrying the football all the way to the 1 yard line and then a massive fumble! no i take that back.. the ball was thrown to the opposite team!

major fail GM!!

now that i have the new Denali i got to do my retrofit all over again. i forgot how crappy the lighting was. in fact i believe the beam pattern may actually be worse! i do not recall the factory lights having hot and cold spots in the beam pattern. but last night it was clear there really isn't anything good i can say about them except that they "light up"

beyond that they are basically worthless! I've seen 20 year old sealed beam headlights light up a road far better!

Ya, my dad thought his headlights sucked, I explained to him that they have cut off so to not blind people and he said oh ok, in that case it isn't that they aren't bright enough. This was when I was telling him to get the tsb done and he decided that his truck is good enough without it.

What TSB are you refering to?

I believe the dimple design is to provide greater surface area.

The TSB he is referring to is the TSB regarding headlight upgrade/fix there is a topic floating around here somewhere..

Archived