Factory navigation wrong

GMP

I have only used my nav three times so far. And it's been off by a couple miles twice. Once I put in my work address I have an hour commute and it said I reached my destination about a mile from my work. Another time I took a five hour trip to upstate Ny and it was off by about three miles. Anyone else have this issue? I have a 2014 ltz my $100 dollar garmin works better than this.

It is probably an issue with your shark fin antenna failing or has water getting into it from the break in the mounting gasket on the back (upper) part of the antenna. When mine failed, it would show the position of the vehicle sometimes as far as 100 miles or more away from it's current location. Finally the electronic compass stopped working and it had a red light on the mirror which was usually green. After the repair, now the headliner droops a bit directly below the antenna. I am pretty sure they just pulled it down enough to get a wrench above the headliner and remove the fastener on the antenna. Now the headliner does not fit tight against the roof like it did when new. Nice huh? Good luck getting this repaired. I would suggest you tell the dealer your expectations regarding the headliner if they determine this to be the problem.

Mine hasn't failed, but it is really a crappy GPS/Nav unit.

I just updated my database, and a major highway in my area that has been completed for over a year isn't shown. Why in the hell can't GM use satellite based system like Garmin uses with map updates available every few months? They offer a lifetime map update program for about what GM charges for a single update. I'll just keep using my Garmin GPS and leave my GM unit on the music screen.

Yes the factory nav is useless. On a 300 mile trip it always reports arrival time as 1-2 hours more than Google maps. And it's routing algorithm is total crap.

that's my biggest issue right there....it works fine and is accurate, but man the routing is strange. Tells me the weirdest routes to take to places. And then when you go the way you want, it's not quick to re-adjust.

yeah I just used mine for a longer trip last week and its pointless I also hate that it dosent give how many miles are left. I dont think ill even use it again.

I'll have to double check but swear it tells me time I will arrive and miles to go

I'll have to double check but swear it tells me time I will arrive and miles to go

mine gave me eta but couldnt find the miles left. to be fair I was so let down by the system I didnt mess with settings too much. it really sends you on some weird routes also.

Garmin 3590LMT. Completely voice operated (absolutely no touch required), large screen, and very smooth operationally.

I tried to buy a truck without the factory GPS, but they're just too damned hard to find while still having other options that are desirable.

The box where ETA is displayed is actually a button. Press it to cycle between ETA, time remaining, and miles remaining. Miles remaining is the ONLY accurate display. But your selection won't stay through an engine cycle. GM's HORRIBLE MMI thinks that you always want the completely wrong ETA to be displayed instead of any of the mileage. We are apparently not smart enough to know that we don't really want any of the other selections to be default.

FWIW, I think the nav system was programmed by junior college SW rejects. And they didn't have access to the previous SW that worked well.

Archived