VW reacting fast, heads will roll.

Over a month now?

All over international news. Taking in a ton of the refugees/migrants (the word used varies, depending on if they want to deal with international convention treaties. If you call someone a refugee you have to treat them differently)

Some attribute it to low birthrate, some to national guilt.

Yes, serveral months -- I know. The word bailout sounded a bit...mmh... well, it's no bailout.

In Germany they're called refugees! Depending on where they're from they might be allowed to stay, in other cases they have to leave.

Not sure how you know how they get treated, but I can tell you that there are mixed feelings about what's going on. Same thing would happen in any other country.

Miss Merkel is way off with what she's doing, it won't work, and yes I believe it's again the 'we are guilty song' - it has nothing to do with low birth rate (nonsense).

Doesn't change anything for VW anways. They'll survive. Others did too.

Sorry for off topic - back to VW!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How they started. Great story. Lamborgini goes to Ferrari showing him how to do a clutch better, hates the one on the Ferrari he owns.

Enzo throws him out, what does a tractor farmer know about race cars?

And...

Lambo cars are born

and the Miura (which would provide the Mid-Engine Template for ALL Future Supercars) was developed by a team of Twenty something Designers and Engineers AFTER HOURS in the early 60s.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/23/volkswagen-ceo-martin-winterkorn-resigns-diesel-scandal/

I honestly would rather go buy a VW over A GM right now (with a gas engine :lol: moot point since I'd buy a Mazda first) GM scumbags still working at GM besides a few. VW saying in the Press Release(point 6 on their list) they are going to review who was involved, basically send them packing, and hand over the names list for (possible)prosecution.....and their scam didn't kill anyone!

If all other countries affectes fine VW (remember, 500,000 cars in US, but close to 11 million worldwide)....

This could be the iceberg to VW's Titanic

Can you say SCAPEGOAT???

• 1 month later...

Was watching a news blurp on one of the news channels a few days ago and VW was putting out that the emissions thing only affected 36,000 vehicles, not anywhere near the number of vehicles that had been claimed. Anyway, dug up this article that seem to confirm the news story on TV. Found a bunch of articles, but they pretty much stated the same as this one.

http://consumerist.com/2015/12/09/vw-claims-carbon-dioxide-emission-issue-only-affects-36000-vehicles-not-800000/

Excellent article here that I agree with 100% - except that I don't think their end-game is removing automobiles altogether as he states in the last sentence of the article - I think it's just the bottomless pit of ever-growing government that needs more, and more, and more just to survive.

http://ericpetersautos.com/2015/12/15/atlas-shrugging/

• 3 months later...

Still no resolution to this. I got a chuckle out of the thread title. I started new vehicle shopping shortly before the news broke (I have a '13 TDI). Once that happened...I just put the brakes on that. The only place that will take them at the moment (for a fair price) is the VW dealer and you can't sell them privately without pretty much giving them away. Plenty of people seem to want to buy them at the moment, but they don't want to pay much for them (I can't blame them).

Anyways...I'd like to get back into a truck if/when this ever gets resolved. At the moment...I'm "stuck" with my ~40 MPG commuter, lol.

The're supposedly going to offer to buy the cars back.

A federal judge on Thursday said Volkswagen has agreed in principle to repurchase or fix cars sold by the German automaker that exceed pollution limits.The actual amount to be paid to consumers was not revealed, but Breyer called it "substantial compensation," said Thomas Young, an attorney who is representing a Florida county in a suit against VW who listened to the hearing by phone.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/volkswagen-agrees-to-buyback-diesel-gate-cars-in-u-s/

Mitsubishi needs to go away. Just like Isuzu did. At least out of the USA. There is nothing they make that is practical and reliable anymore. At least for non-commercial vehicles.

Archived