$1400 to add tow mirrors?!?!

My dad recently bought a 2015i 2500HD gasser. It's an LTZ, and it has the standard sized mirrors with signals and power fold. He didn't think he needed the big tow mirrors at the time, but now he has a bigger camper and needs them. The local dealer (who usually treats him really well) quoted him nearly $1400 to have the new tow mirrors installed on his truck. That seems ridiculous. What do you guys think???

I just bought the new style camper / tow mirrors from my dealer. (Black, non powerfold, with turns, amber running lights, and led reverse) Paid just under $700 for the set and harnesses through a buddy's employee discount.

That said, the $1400 for new powerfold installed sounds about right.

:throwup:

If its for the power fold tow mirrors (and they aren't quoting the kit mirrors as those aren't power fold) its a big steal. The power fold tows are $695 each, $250 for door harnesses and the accessory labor books at 4.7 hours for install. That's $1640 just in parts for the power fold tows.

If its for the power fold tow mirrors (and they aren't quoting the kit mirrors as those aren't power fold) its a big steal. The power fold tows are $695 each, $250 for door harnesses and the accessory labor books at 4.7 hours for install. That's $1640 just in parts for the power fold tows.

Lol I thought I picked a smiley face, didn't realize it was puking!!!

Thanks for the replies fellers! I'm pretty sure that quote was for the power fold ones, but I'm not 100% positive. I'm going to email this thread to my dad so he can check it out. My dad has bought probably 10 trucks from that dealership over the years, and they've always treated him really well. It sounds like they're cutting him a deal on these mirrors too....even though it's more than he was wanting to spend. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just purchased a set of power folding chrome tow mirrors from a 2015 LTZ Silverado and they transferred right over, harnesses and all, to my 2015 GMC Sierra SLT.

To make it work you need the truck that originally came with tow mirrors door harnesses.

Thanks because my Denali came with standard small mirrors and I found some off of a Chevrolet for a good price so indont want to buy them and they not fit

They'll work you just need to grab the correct door harness. Find the tow mirror thread and it'll have all the part numbers you need.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Archived