Herculiner - need your thoughts

Hi. Did a search, didn't find much. I am looking to see if anyone as installed the roll on Herculiner in their truck bed.

How long have you had it?

Does it get sticky or soft in the heat?

What is your overall impression?

I already have a rubber mat and a TruXedo Titanium Tonneau Cover, so this would be the last thing I need for the bed.

Thanks

I did the rustoleum roll on. So far so gd. 1 gallon got me 3 coats. Make sure u really prep gd. I used 80 grit sand paper and a cleaner to clean the bed. After u put the first coat on wait a little, as it gets tacky start applying second and 3rd coat.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You paid how much for the truck you want to put a bed liner in that will look like a kid smeared a wet Hersey bar in the bed on a hot summer day?

Lol. I got the point OJ

i have done a couple truck with herculiner, its not to bad if you spray it on with an undercoater gun. No it doesn't get sticky when hot. I probably wouldn't do it again . I have linex in the new truck and it is defiantly is better you get what you pay for .

Thanks

I did the rustoleum roll on. So far so gd. 1 gallon got me 3 coats. Make sure u really prep gd. I used 80 grit sand paper and a cleaner to clean the bed. After u put the first coat on wait a little, as it gets tacky start applying second and 3rd coat.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks. I will look into Rustoleum.

Just ask for recommendations on shops near your area.

A lot of the guys here report great results getting Line-x from good shops.

My white truck has the factory spray in and there are no issues.

Unless you already are experienced at spraying in finishes I think a DIY job runs more chance of having screw ups vs an experienced shop.

Just my opinion.

I have a guy who owns Line X San Diego and well he gets down for sure.

I haven't used herculiner but have used monstAliner which from what I've seen is pretty much the same thing.

Is definetely not made for a lot of abrasive wear. I used it on my slider of my old truck and even with prep and promoter and primer and all it still started flaking off. If they weren't welded on they were gonna be line xd like the rest of the truck.

i installed the raptor u-pol spray in myself. Came out AWESOME and cost me 100 bucks. its all in the prep work. If you do not have patience i do not recommend doing it yourself. i completely bagged the entire truck to prevent any overspray. I've had this in my truck since summer and still looks flawless. highly recommend this product if installed correctly. IMG_4430_zps4c6oeari.jpg

i installed the raptor u-pol spray in myself. Came out AWESOME and cost me 100 bucks. its all in the prep work. If you do not have patience i do not recommend doing it yourself. i completely bagged the entire truck to prevent any overspray. I've had this in my truck since summer and still looks flawless. highly recommend this product if installed correctly. IMG_4430_zps4c6oeari.jpg

Silver8oh that looks nice

Hi. Did a search, didn't find much. I am looking to see if anyone as installed the roll on Herculiner in their truck bed.

How long have you had it?

Does it get sticky or soft in the heat?

What is your overall impression?

I already have a rubber mat and a TruXedo Titanium Tonneau Cover, so this would be the last thing I need for the bed.

Thanks

You have a bed mat and a tonneau cover. Why do you need anything else? The sides might get the odd scratch but unlikely with the type of loads you will carry with a cover. The floor takes a beating which your mat will protect. The spray or roll on liners do not prevent dents and you have to rough up and destroy the paint on the entire box to apply.

That looks really good. Where did you buy the material from?

x2 on the U-pol Raptor spray on kit. I did the entire inside of my Jeep TJ and it came out wonderfully. We did the side of my brothers Sierra (two tone area along the bottom) and the bed of his truck as well. Best kit you can buy for around $100. Looks a lot like Line-X

Archived