Post your Pics of your Chevy/GMC towing!

What is the length of your trailer??

We are trading in our 21.5 foot travel trailer for a 31.2 foot travel trailer and am picking it up this Saturday. Feeling a little intimidated in towing the new one.

I towed a 27' TT...Wanted a bigger TT.... I now have a 2500....

I am proponent that 1500s can tow TTs just fine, but when you start getting that long you are adding weight, so there are many, many things to make sure are done correctly. Do your homework, check your weights and be sure you are within your limits (especially payload).

• Like 1

I am proponent that 1500s can tow TTs just fine, but when you start getting that long you are adding weight, so there are many, many things to make sure are done correctly. Do your homework, check your weights and be sure you are within your limits (especially payload).

Soon you'll have a medium sized 5th wheel...then a 3500 dually...then a really big 5'er...then a MDT ;-)
  • Like 1

Soon you'll have a medium sized 5th wheel...then a 3500 dually...then a really big 5'er...then a MDT ;-)

Yep! There are always bigger ones! Just got back from out West and at 34' long, we were one of the smallest rigs at most campgrounds we were at.

This. I've adjusted a few times, been over the scales a few times and got everything set up properly. It tows well. Truck could use a bit more power on the hills, and its like a giant sale boat if its windy, but finding that good balance, makes a HUGE difference.

• Like 1

I'll play too, before they move this and I'm IBTL!

These pics are from like 2 years ago with my old wheels, tires and mods.

photo2_zps9d9ba11d.jpg

70Tow2_zps98caa473.jpg

70Tow_zps8c74a04b.jpg

Man that looks like where my parents live. In League City TX. Damn i miss home.

IMG_20160821_131503331_HDR_zpsr89kscnt.j

I have Air Lift Ultimate 5000 Air Bags that I did not inflate for this quick trip. Yes, I loaded the tractor up poorly - next time I will back it on the trailer to get the proper weight distribution. The tow was very tail-heavy and I should have taken more time.

This week I am picking up 4 tons of wood pellets so that will really test the truck. I will load it properly then!

• Like 1

That's what I did was build some crude mounts. But it works. Just used some pieces I had laying around. df4b3bfb27d0cb914d909705094c8aa6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch! Guys, use Daystar Cradles: https://www.amazon.com/Daystar-KU09140BK-Cradle-Polyurethane-Convoluted/dp/B0084ROJBM

IMAG1250_resize.jpg

I attached them to the bottom mounting plate of the air-lift system using 82 degree CSK bolts just slightly longer than the stock air-lift bolts. Makes a load of difference in your ride offroad to have some flex back!