Post your Pics of your Chevy/GMC towing!

What is the length of your trailer??

We are trading in our 21.5 foot travel trailer for a 31.2 foot travel trailer and am picking it up this Saturday. Feeling a little intimidated in towing the new one.

I find longer trailers easier to backup and more stabile pulling. Just need to be aware and allow more space turning.

We just got a new 6x12 trailer for our Ainsely's Angels Chapter we started here in eastern NC. Now to raise some funds to get the graphics for the trailer. If you want to learn more about what Ainsley's Angels is about click here.

Susan pushes our daughter Hunter in 5, 10K's and Half Marathons. We are now a local chapter and will provide the chairs/runners for anyone that has a child or adult that is disabled and can't run but wants to be pushed in a running event. I'm not pushing due to plantar fasciitis in my left foot. That crap hurts and seems to take forever to get better. My last Half was in January at the Disney Half/Marathon and it's still bothering me.

As we grow like our other local chapters and get a bigger trailer to haul more equipment, there might just be a newer truck in my future to tow said bigger trailer. smile.gif

1BA65320-22BB-442D-8CBC-59884E5BB080_zps

Edited by Black02Silverado
  • Like 1

I find longer trailers easier to backup and more stabile pulling. Just need to be aware and allow more space turning.

Yeah. Even with the 21.5 foot trailer (I'm assuming 19.5 for the trailer due to the model number and 2 feet for the tongue) I'm always overestimating the turning radius needed.

We are trading in our 21.5 foot travel trailer for a 31.2 foot travel trailer and am picking it up this Saturday. Feeling a little intimidated in towing the new one.

I am in the same situation. We are working on trading in our 21 foot trailer for one with slide-outs and longer. We are doing our homework on it now, but have no deadline for purchase. We are thinking about what to do about the truck. My truck pulls our current trailer just fine, but it looks like we are either going to purchase a 2500 and that will be my new new truck. Or we are also considering buying a used 2500 that will only be our tow vehicle and I will keep my current truck. We are usually much better about doing our homework before purchasing a vehicle because we keep them for 20+ years. We even didn't consider a 2500 because weren't thinking about upgrading our trailer and knew that the 1500 would not even have any problems towing our current trailer.

• Like 2

post-100451-14709228256_thumb.jpg

My 14' Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 Towing My 2015 RZR 900 EPS! Around 3K Pounds. Light Weight.... My Truck Has The 5.3L V8 355HP 383PT... I'm 24YO. Both Units & Trailer Are All Paid Off (:

Truck Is All Stock Other Than 5% Limo Tint All Around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapash*t

Edited by ZachManZ71
  • Like 1

Mine is 35.5' from tip to tail. It'll pull fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a trailer and it says it's 35'1". Pulls great. Just get a good weight distribution hitch with sway control and it'll make a huge difference.