Denali cluster in SLT

I emailed to confirm a cluster would work before I purchased on eBay. You state that part numbers need to be confirmed before ordering. Yet I never got a conformation. 

Not trying to start a pissing match :-)

During the consumer hours posted on the website? If so check your spam there isn’t anything without a reply before we closed on Friday.

Thanks to Chris White for the programming! Got the cluster in today and everything works exaclly as it should. Side note, i seem to remember a part of this topic mentioning the speed limit sign being displayed on the cluster on the later model trucks. I have a 2015 Silverado 2500HD LTZ and still get the little speed limit sign displayed next to the PRND indicator on the display and not just when I'm in the speed limit page. Just FYI.

20180604_183410.jpg

Well since I can't leave well enough alone, I decided to go a step further and make a "hybrid" cluster for myself. Since the 2015 clusters don't have options for the chevy blue in the screen, I knew that couldn't be changed. So I decided to at least make my gauges the chevy blue to try and include some of the color back into the cluster.  Turned out pretty good and I'm really happy with it. 

20180605_115337.jpg

Well since I can't leave well enough alone, I decided to go a step further and make a "hybrid" cluster for myself. Since the 2015 clusters don't have options for the chevy blue in the screen, I knew that couldn't be changed. So I decided to at least make my gauges the chevy blue to try and include some of the color back into the cluster.  Turned out pretty good and I'm really happy with it. 
20180605_115337.thumb.jpg.61653496506ed0c4a494268bb98ff57c.jpg

Do tell how you did this...in a separate thread. Just link it here.
  • Like 1

Do tell how you did this...in a separate thread. Just link it here.

Oooh... maybe swapped in the blue gauge faces from another cluster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooh... maybe swapped in the blue gauge faces from another cluster?

I’m thinking that’s the case. However, I thought the faces were glued on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I’m thinking that’s the case. However, I thought the faces were glued on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He actually just posted a detailed how to on this. Swapped LEDs from a Cruze Cluster. :)

The faces do have an adhesive that keep them on the white difuser but you can pull them off pretty easy. It seems to be more of a double sided tape than a glue

Edited by corwest

14 hours ago, pgamboa said:

He actually just posted a detailed how to on this. Swapped LEDs from a Cruze Cluster. :)

That's half of it. The problem was that the Denali cluster has red LEDs backlighting the red faces so both had to be swapped.

• Like 1

That's half of it. The problem was that the Denali cluster has red LEDs backlighting the red faces so both had to be swapped.

Ah yes. Don’t wanna miss that detail. :)

Update to this project. I can confirm that the servo boards from at least a 2017 cluster will swap over to the 2015's. So those of you with more money than time can simply swap the boards and faces from a 2016 with blue or 2017+ cluster. That makes this about a 30 minute job and much easier. and for what its worth, the screens are also interchangeable as well. No that you gain anything from swapping them.

• Like 1

Hey everybody 

Looking at getting a 2018 Silverado Ltz. Found a part number for the instrument cluster on a 2018 Sierra Denali but it says it’s not compatible. I think I read a thread that said as long as I have it reprogrammed for my vechiles VIN then it will work, is that the case?