Denali cluster in SLT

I've found the correct cluster for my Yukon SLT and am sending it in to Chris.  I had a question though.  I have someone who can install this (for a fee) but I'd like to do it myself if possible.  I've watched the YouTube video and was wondering how hard it actually is to replace the cluster?  I have automotive pry tools so I think I should be able to get the pieces off myself.  Can anyone comment on the level of difficulty in doing this?  Thanks, just trying to do more of this stuff myself instead of paying for someone to do it.

• Like 1

I've found the correct cluster for my Yukon SLT and am sending it in to Chris.  I had a question though.  I have someone who can install this (for a fee) but I'd like to do it myself if possible.  I've watched the YouTube video and was wondering how hard it actually is to replace the cluster?  I have automotive pry tools so I think I should be able to get the pieces off myself.  Can anyone comment on the level of difficulty in doing this?  Thanks, just trying to do more of this stuff myself instead of paying for someone to do it.

You probably seen my video on the swap on the Silverado/Sierra platform. I’m fairly certain it is the same on SUVs.

Remove the cluster visor, remove the trim piece in front of the cluster, remove the cluster.

Not sure which video you watched, but here is mine. I have an SUV visor and it is held on the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Donnation said:

I did this in about 15 minutes in the parking lot at work. The #15 Torx and 7mm socket and ratchet is all you really need, the pry tool is just a nice thing to have...I do not have one. This is probably the easiest thing you could do to the interior/dash. The cluster cover just pops off. The video is exactly (well pgamboa’s video is) how it goes. NOTHING hard at all. My only suggestion is when you tighten everything back up remember it’s plastic and could crack if you over tighten the screws. Honestly the hardest part for me was just being careful not to scratch the new cluster putting it in and that was not really a concern because it went in very easily.

***For what it’s worth, if I charged someone to do this job...I’d feel VERY guilty charging them more than a Coke.

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, KevinM2141 said:

Odave that cluster is sweet! Do you remember the part number?

Kevin...read this ENTIRE thread before you spend a dime! There are a lot of variables and research required before this mod can be done. The Z71 in his Denali cluster is a sticker he got off eBay. I would like that sticker but the cluster swap is not as simple as it may appear. Please sift through the thread and what I’m saying will make much more sense!

Edited by SS502

8 minutes ago, odave said:

my Denali cluster did not come with the  "Z71"logo.  I got a decal on ebay, removed the lens and put the decal on the gauge face.

Yes, I was asking if you don’t mind provide a link to the decal/sticker so maybe others can do the same. It’s a nice touch but if you want to keep that exclusive to you I get it...just have to figure out which one to get ?