Denali cluster in SLT

On 11/13/2018 at 8:33 PM, SASK_RT said:

They have updated it to "WAMS will be COMPLETELY closed until 11/19". So I think your hopes were correct.

Correct.

Ok gang got two more units in yesterday shipped from third parties with zero information in or on the box. If your unit was supposed to arrive this week (Wednesday or prior) and it didn't have any information in the box you need to contact us ASAP or these (as well as the unit from Arizona) will be returned to sender tomorrow; thank you! 

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 1

Someone may have asked this already, so apologies in advance. Are the cluster lenses swappable from the standard clusters to the Denali?

Found a super good deal on a 2017 Denali cluster on eBay but the lens is cracked bad. I know GM makes you buy the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Texas_Native said:

Someone may have asked this already, so apologies in advance. Are the cluster lenses swappable from the standard clusters to the Denali?

Found a super good deal on a 2017 Denali cluster on eBay but the lens is cracked bad. I know GM makes you buy the whole thing.

When you say “whole thing” are you meaning whole cluster? You can buy just the lens covers. Is this what you’re wanting? So I guess, yes you can...might find a “dead” cluster and cannibalize the lens!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2014-2017-GMC-DENALI-PREMIER-GAUGE-CLUSTER-COMPLETE-LENS-ASSEMBLY-COVER/372041942938?hash=item569f6d879a:g:KnwAAOSwHk9ZjfIP:sc:USPSPriority!32548!US!-1

Edited by SS502

When you say “whole thing” are you meaning whole cluster? You can buy just the lens covers. Is this what you’re wanting? So I guess, yes you can...might find a “dead” cluster and cannibalize the lens!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2014-2017-GMC-DENALI-PREMIER-GAUGE-CLUSTER-COMPLETE-LENS-ASSEMBLY-COVER/372041942938?hash=item569f6d879a:g:KnwAAOSwHk9ZjfIP:sc:USPSPriority!32548!US!-1

That’s a great idea. I have no idea why I didn’t think of that. I also forgot that the inside trim is attached to the lens.

On 11/15/2018 at 9:08 AM, GTPprix said:

Correct.

Ok gang got two more units in yesterday shipped from third parties with zero information in or on the box. If your unit was supposed to arrive this week (Wednesday or prior) and it didn't have any information in the box you need to contact us ASAP or these (as well as the unit from Arizona) will be returned to sender tomorrow; thank you! 

Wasn’t mine Chris! Mine came today WITH prior coordination...hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

• Like 1

Before I start searching for a '18 Denali cluster for my SLT, does anyone know if the '19 Denali cluster is a plug-and-play fit AND if it can be programmed to work on a '18?  Dash is similar for sure.  I asked about the Escalade cluster but is more work than I'd be willing to do.

I figured if I'm going to do this, I'd like to go beyond just a Denali cluster if possible.  Otherwise the search for the cheapest '18 cluster I can get begins.

Before I start searching for a '18 Denali cluster for my SLT, does anyone know if the '19 Denali cluster is a plug-and-play fit AND if it can be programmed to work on a '18?  Dash is similar for sure.  I asked about the Escalade cluster but is more work than I'd be willing to do.

I figured if I'm going to do this, I'd like to go beyond just a Denali cluster if possible.  Otherwise the search for the cheapest '18 cluster I can get begins.

No.

Just bought a 2018 Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3 V8, premium package etc. and looking for the appropriate part number of the 3 listed(84298306, 84380246, 84385167) to purchase the new cluster to send in to White Auto for programming.  

Also wondering where most are buying these clusters that are easy to locate the correct one in a OEM condition?  Any link would be appreciated...

Truly appreciate all the good information in this string prior to finding this I was thinking the only way to have this cluster was to actually buy a DENALI.  Thank you, Mike K

Just bought a 2018 Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3 V8, premium package etc. and looking for the appropriate part number of the 3 listed(84298306, 84380246, 84385167) to purchase the new cluster to send in to White Auto for programming.  

Also wondering where most are buying these clusters that are easy to locate the correct one in a OEM condition?  Any link would be appreciated...

Truly appreciate all the good information in this string prior to finding this I was thinking the only way to have this cluster was to actually buy a DENALI.  Thank you, Mike K

You have to email WAMS by email according to the time on their website to confirm PN. I believe specmo enterprises is where most are getting the clusters from. Hope that helps!

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift

4 hours ago, catfishmk said:

Hey Mike, make sure you go through WAMS before you buy anything! Don’t assume (not saying you are) that those part numbers will interchange because they won’t. I had questions too because it is a major cost especially if you buy the wrong one. WAMS will verify the part you’re looking at with your VIN and confirm compatibility. You have to be patient too because they are ALWAYS swamped...they do a lot more than programming of our clusters. Chris returned every email I sent (and do it during their POSTED business hours) usually within a couple hours. The swap is actually very simple and just an FYI...your fuel range and “Best mpg” will have to relearn itself so don’t think it’s not working. The average mpg started reading immediately and the “Best” just showed dashes at first. It started showing “Best” after 48 miles. Maybe too much information but it’s a good to know thing! Good luck Mike, you will really like the way it works. Oh and one more thing that was strange in a good way for me, my Intellibeam system never worked from day one. I haven’t had it looked at because I’m just now at 1557 miles BUT they started working after the swap. 

Thanks this is very helpful. I watched a few of the YouTube videos on the swap and that seemed pretty easy as you said. The cluster functions are retained, odometer etc, and can I presume won’t impact any of the 8” touchscreen functions as well? Does modifying this in any way void the trucks warranty?

WAMs would be White Auto and Media I believe. I will email them with VIN and confirm the part number I need and do all prior to ordering anything. I tried to check out https://specmo.com/ but appears I need to be a dealer to order and I didn’t see these products listed.

Any other references on where to order and rough cost to expect to pay?

I know this will be a awesome mod for the truck.

Thanks all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks this is very helpful. I watched a few of the YouTube videos on the swap and that seemed pretty easy as you said. The cluster functions are retained, odometer etc, and can I presume won’t impact any of the 8” touchscreen functions as well? Does modifying this in any way void the trucks warranty?

WAMs would be White Auto and Media I believe. I will email them with VIN and confirm the part number I need and do all prior to ordering anything. I tried to check out https://specmo.com/ but appears I need to be a dealer to order and I didn’t see these products listed.

Any other references on where to order and rough cost to expect to pay?

I know this will be a awesome mod for the truck.

Thanks all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All features retained.

I paid $425 for my cluster new through Pace Performance. After verifying the part # and my VIN with www.whiteautoandmedia.com, I called Pace and spoke to someone who loaded the cluster part # I needed. I ordered the part and had it shipped to me.

Once I had it, I contacted WAMS again to order/schedule. Sent it in

Shipping was about $25 from Pace.

Programming costs with WAMS was $249 since it was a new cluster.

If you are under warranty, keep your factory cluster and install it back if you ever need to take it to the dealer.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

All features retained.

I paid $425 for my cluster new through Pace Performance. After verifying the part # and my VIN with www.whiteautoandmedia.com, I called Pace and spoke to someone who loaded the cluster part # I needed. I ordered the part and had it shipped to me.

Once I had it, I contacted WAMS again to order/schedule. Sent it in

Shipping was about $25 from Pace.

Programming costs with WAMS was $249 since it was a new cluster.

If you are under warranty, keep your factory cluster and install it back if you ever need to take it to the dealer.

Hope this helps.

As mentioned, Pace Performance. They got mine fast with no core requirements. The swap takes 15 minutes max so as Pgamboa said retain your stock for dealer visits. I would also suggest watching Pgamboa’s install video on YouTube...very straight forward and easy to understand.

• Like 1