Denali cluster in SLT

14 hours ago, GTPprix said:

I totally misread this. I thought he was asking about a hud retrofit with lane departure. Lane keep assist requires a bunch of different hardware including a different steering rack LOL 

shucks....Since the steering is Electronically controlled )even on the 2015's), Thought it was a software enhancement

Edit... I just looked at the parts lists between the 2015 LTZ, 2016 LTZ and 217 Premier, and other than color options, I found no additional parts, nor different part numbers (controller, steering column, steering wheel, steering motor, wire harness, nothing in the steering section...possible windshield mounted camera upgrade and 'trac switch' to left of steering wheel

Perhaps it is just a software enhancement utilizing the electric powered steering.

For anyone interested...here is a decent article explaining how LKA works

https://www.knowyourparts.com/technical-resources/electrical/electronic-power-steering/

Edited by migizi

15 hours ago, cmatt said:

What’s the difference between lane departure warning and lane keep assist? What other hardware is needed for lane keep assist?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/11/gms-lane-departure-warning-and-lane-keep-assist-tech-feature-spotlight

Other than activating or deactivating by pressing the Lane Keep Assist button on the left side of the interment panel  and some software changes, I don't know what other hardware is used. (was hoping it was just software, but I guess that's not the case)

Edited by migizi

Has anyone heard from Chris at White Automotive lately.  I have been emailing back and fourth over the past couple weeks.  I was told once I get my cluster in to pay for it on the website and ship it to him.  I finally received my cluster and the website states "Not Available" and I can't pay.  I just wanted to make sure everything was ok. 

• Like 1

Has anyone heard from Chris at White Automotive lately.  I have been emailing back and fourth over the past couple weeks.  I was told once I get my cluster in to pay for it on the website and ship it to him.  I finally received my cluster and the website states "Not Available" and I can't pay.  I just wanted to make sure everything was ok. 

Most likely closed due to backlog of orders. This happens from time to time when they are swamped with orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, pgamboa said:

Most likely closed due to backlog of orders. This happens from time to time when they are swamped with orders.

Thanks for the info.  I'll keep checking back. 

• Like 1

Guys,take heed, I ordered my cluster from GM Parts direct and the order was rejected 2 days later, they claimed dealer only part.

then i ordered from GM parts giant, after 2 days and no confirming email, (just a paypal hold), I was able to track their phone number down via the BBB web site, called them, they claimed they emailed and there was a price increase (verified they had correct  email spelling and yet I found no such emails in spam folder or inbox), regardless, canceled over phone and still not seeing cancellation email, beware...

Meanwhile, had enough...ordered my cluster from specmo, price was very good.

only caveat, no warranty if no core exchange and not being sent to dealer for programming, I’m good with that ?

Will send it to Chris for hud programming.

Anyone have a list of options (like off road info) that can be enabled beyond what’s already part of vin/installed options?

8 hours ago, migizi said:

Guys,take heed, I ordered my cluster from GM Parts direct and the order was rejected 2 days later, they claimed dealer only part.

then i ordered from GM parts giant, after 2 days and no confirming email, (just a paypal hold), I was able to track their phone number down via the BBB web site, called them, they claimed they emailed and there was a price increase (verified they had correct  email spelling and yet I found no such emails in spam folder or inbox), regardless, canceled over phone and still not seeing cancellation email, beware...

Meanwhile, had enough...ordered my cluster from specmo, price was very good.

only caveat, no warranty if no core exchange and not being sent to dealer for programming, I’m good with that ?

Will send it to Chris for hud programming.

Anyone have a list of options (like off road info) that can be enabled beyond what’s already part of vin/installed options?

Have the HUD enabled. 

Having the HUD enabled is the reason I am doing the upgrade..as I had referenced in my post.

I'm very excited about this.

I was just asking to see if there are other features I can get enabled.

Victorrocks15...great looking rig, love the blacked putt look

... is that a 'HUD' compatible windshield?

Viktorrocks15

Edited by migizi
  • Like 1

Having the HUD enabled is the reason I am doing the upgrade..as I had referenced in my post.
I'm very excited about this.

I just want to see if there are other features I can get enabled.

Victorrocks15...great looking rig, love the blacked putt look
... is that a 'HUD' compatible windshield?

Viktorrocks15

Not yet. Should be able to have by the weekend..[emoji41]

• Like 1

If anyone is looking for a 2016 Blue/Green cluster, this one popped up on eBay this morning. This is the first one I have seen in a year that was used on eBay. Was going to do this for my Silverado, but on the fence about keeping the truck. Figured I would pass a great deal on to someone who might be waiting. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedometer-Cluster-MPH-US-Market-ID-23390928-Fits-16-SUBURBAN-1500-1780330/332852271813?hash=item4d7f8a9ac5:g:AsYAAOSwn6Jb0K-b:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Jeff