Denali cluster in SLT

19 minutes ago, CRApex said:

HUD isn’t available on Sierra Denali, any year.  Are you saying you can have it programmed then purchase the additional components, modify the dash etc..to make it work?

In short, YUP. Read through this thread and search here. There is someone who did it. But they had to fabricate the top visor to get it to fit.  It was a big undertaking, and alot of custom work. But it can be done.

Also, the cluster has to be programmed anyway BEFORE its plugged into my truck. So its just a slight added cost to program it for HUD to work. But its also not cheap to source all the parts for the HUD system.

Edited by RACERX7775
Add more content.

2 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

In short, YUP. Read through this thread and search here. There is someone who did it. But they had to fabricate the top visor to get it to fit.  It was a big undertaking, and alot of custom work. But it can be done.

Also, the cluster has to be programmed anyway BEFORE its plugged into my truck. So its just a slight added cost to program it for HUD to work. But its also not cheap to source all the parts for the HUD system.

Not all vehicles require custom mods...

i was able to purchase all the correct parts and install them 

(2105 suburban)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by migizi

1 minute ago, migizi said:

Not all vehicles require custom mods...

i was able to purchase all the correct parts and install them 

(2105 suburban)

image.jpg

Exactly. Your 2105 Suburban, can come with factory HUD, So the parts are direct bolt-on for the most part. So, ALL pickups HAVE to be modded to make HUD work because NO pickups come with HUD from the factory. Also, there are no visor or dash parts for factory install.

I think i've said it here but it bears repeating: There is about a 90% chance if you buy a cluster on ebay marked as New its in fact used. I'm getting units that are VERY obviously physically used in (before we even verify programming on them) that people are being sold as new; FYI. 

Chris,

Are you going to be replying to emails this Thursday/Friday?  I've stumbled across this mode over the holidays and am wanting to verify what part number I need to source for my truck.

Thank you,

2 minutes ago, RWaddell said:

Chris,

Are you going to be replying to emails this Thursday/Friday?  I've stumbled across this mode over the holidays and am wanting to verify what part number I need to source for my truck.

Thank you,

Page 29 here i think.   What truck do you have?

5 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

Page 29 here i think.   What truck do you have?

I have a 2016 2500HD Chevrolet Duramax.  I am wanting to do the LTZ cluster out of a Tahoe/Suburban so that it has matching colors.  I have seen the comments about the tach and I'm ok with that so long as the tach actually still displays the correct RPM.

I have read through all the pages and believe i have the correct process down I just need to verify with Chris the correct part number and want to know if he would be back to business as normal this week for me to email in via his website.

Edited by RWaddell

I have a 2016 2500HD Chevrolet Duramax.  I am wanting to do the LTZ cluster out of a Tahoe/Suburban so that it has matching colors.  I have seen the comments about the tach and I'm ok with that so long as the tach actually still displays the correct RPM.

Per our email from the 28th there is nothing green for a 2016 diesel.

1 hour ago, GTPprix said:

Per our email from the 28th there is nothing green for a 2016 diesel.

Sorry, I have checked my inbox and junk box but never saw a reply.  Thought I had seen in this thread that the Tahoe/Suburban model that was released in the 2016 vehicles could be programmed to work and just have the Tach be 6k so that's not the case?

Is there anyway you could email me again so that I could try to coordinate the correct Denali cluster that i will need to source?

Thank you,

Edited by RWaddell

I thought i could only get the red Denali cluster for my 14 LTZ. A little late now, but oh well. I never even knew the blue was available for my 14.

It’s not for stock trucks. That’s covered in this thread.

On 1/3/2017 at 9:38 AM, GTPprix said:

Get a 2016 Tahoe LTZ cluster it'll have the chevy lighting and you just wont use the whole 6K Tach, probably the best way to handle it.

Did this option turn out to not work on the diesel trucks?  This answer was in response to 'Jakewake23" asking about getting a cluster for his 2016 diesel on page 8.

And thank you again Chris for your time.  If this needs to be moved off the thread please let me know.