What Happened to the Removable Cup Holders???

Agreed I miss that feature. I saw thread where a guy removed the top piece and said it was empty underneath and he fastened it back with velcro so he could remove it easily and use the space. I have not been willing to take a chance on breaking the tabs so i have not taken mine off to look underneath. Volunteers????? I was told by my dealer advisor that there was now hardware in there for the phone charger pad and you could not store anything there? Just do not know? Do all trucks have the wireless charger thing or is it just the higher packages?

Agreed I miss that feature. I saw thread where a guy removed the top piece and said it was empty underneath and he fastened it back with velcro so he could remove it easily and use the space. I have not been willing to take a chance on breaking the tabs so i have not taken mine off to look underneath. Volunteers????? I was told by my dealer advisor that there was now hardware in there for the phone charger pad and you could not store anything there? Just do not know? Do all trucks have the wireless charger thing or is it just the higher packages?

• Like 1

16 is when they changed it. First time I pulled my cup holder it popped out. I had no idea there was storage under there! Pretty nice spot.

I took mine out of my 15 for the first time again just the other day. (Forgot it was so easily removable.). I was cleaning it out. I found all kinds of stuff inside the storage compartment underneath that had gone missing. Stuff slides through the small gap and underneath pretty easily.

I took mine out of my 15 for the first time again just the other day. (Forgot it was so easily removable.). I was cleaning it out. I found all kinds of stuff inside the storage compartment underneath that had gone missing. Stuff slides through the small gap and underneath pretty easily.

Stuff does indeed get under there. I went to the post office with three envelopes lying in the area in front of the cup holders. When I got there, there only two envelopes were in that tray.. The envelope with my check for this years insurance premium for the truck was gone. I ended up putting a stop payment on that check and writing another after searching everywhere for that envelope. Nearly two months later I removed the cup holders and there was the missing insurance payment under the cup holders!.

• Like 2