Show your high mileage on 2014+ 1500 Silverado/Sierra

I have a '14 CC LB 6.2L with 91,000 miles only issues so far:

Seat movement fix solved by dealership

Headlights solved with LED aftermarket

Paint chipping on bumper (painted all terrain) solved with complete strip and repaint

New Battery around September

Items to note:

Engine is still perfect and idles smoother now than when new (primarily run 93 from speedway)

On the Vibration issue:

Truck came stock with 18" wheels and crap Goodyear tires.

I upgraded to stock 20" wheels that had been black powder coated. More importantly I went with Continental cross contact tires because a friend with a Ford had 20" wheels with Michelin M/S 2 tires that vibrated that he changed to the Continental tires with success in stopping vibration. Truck rides amazing.

Only issue I have is the Tailgate easy lift and soft down. Simply wears out way to easy. The bushing on the right side keeps breaking and the torsion bar must be getting weak as well because the tailgate keeps opening way to fast. Other than that all is well and works perfect...

did you have a catch can?

• Like 1

Thank you for the links. I searched for the topic, but didn't find anything. I guess you have to search exactly what another topic is titled? Maybe it works better if I was to do it from my MacBook. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the links. I searched for the topic, but didn't find anything. I guess you have to search exactly what another topic is titled? Maybe it works better if I was to do it from my MacBook. Thanks again.

Yeah I was on my MacBook and searched "high mileage"

I bought mine used in October 2015 with 42k. It is currently easing into 70k and runs great. I am averaging 23.45 mpg over the time I have had the truck. So far I am happy with the truck. It does have some rattling noise in the door trim that I can't seem to fix. Otherwise it's been good so far.

59,000 (41,000 away from a Blackbear tune!!!) :drool:

2014 Sierra 5.3 z71 4x4

No issues.

Lol, this is how I feel too. I don't really want to get to that 100000 mile mark. When I do, it's tuning time[emoji51]

Edited by Knotsure

• 1 year later...

2014 sierra 1500 SLT 5.3  104k miles

Bought used at 82k miles. Cold air pipe with stock filter, cath can, HID, 5100 shocks is all i have.

Got induction cleaning, trans flush, diff fluids changed at 98k miles. Hand held tuner recently and its running great.

GOt rid of AFM with the tuner, 20% throttle response increase and 87 octane tune.

2014 Silverado WT - 138,000km (85,750m)

2015 Sierra SLT AT - 27,000km (16,775m) parked in winters. 

2014 is weathered and starting to rust, 2015 is immaculate with full frame wax lol. Got to love worst case Ontario in the winter. 

• Like 1

My 2017 Silverado Max Tow extended cab 4X4 just turned over 36,000 today.

I bought it new 1/21/17 and other than the leaky on-star antenna, its been 100% reliable.

Pros:

Decent mileage even with the 3:73 gearing

Good ride quality, quiet inside

Cons:

Transmission a bit clunky, not terrible, just not smooth like the early GM six speeds

Poor headlight illumination, low terrible, high beams OK at best.

Hoping to roll this one up to around 175K in another 4 years with basic maintenance tires ect.

IMG_20180315_211238417.jpg

• Like 1