Show your high mileage on 2014+ 1500 Silverado/Sierra

I have over 165,000 miles on my 5.3L 14 Sierra Z-71 4wd. No catch can. I have done routine maintenance on the truck myself. Regular oil changes with Mobile 1 extended life with the larger mobil 1 filter. Plugs and wire at 100,000 miles, flushed brake fluid, and did front and rear brake pads at 120,000 miles, put in a new condenser myself at 150,000 miles, it cracked, I believe due to parking on a slope with the front facing down, 5 hour job to fix. I had already put dye in the system to find leaks, because its easier to find a leak if the dye is already in the truck before it springs a leak. It was also a good time to blow out all the leaves and grass and bugs out of the radiator with a water hose. I did transfer case fluid and, front differential fluid at 110,000. Transmission fluid and filter at 90,000. I flushed the dexcool out at 145,000 and put new dexcool back in it. Just did rear differential and checked on brakes again but did not replace them at 164,000. I also replaced the left front seat actuator, and have the ventillated seat pads to replace drivers side heated and cooled seats. 

IMG_1636.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, William Thompson said:

I have over 165,000 miles on my 5.3L 14 Sierra Z-71 4wd. No catch can. I have done routine maintenance on the truck myself. Regular oil changes with Mobile 1 extended life with the larger mobil 1 filter. Plugs and wire at 100,000 miles, flushed brake fluid, and did front and rear brake pads at 120,000 miles, put in a new condenser myself at 150,000 miles, it cracked, I believe due to parking on a slope with the front facing down, 5 hour job to fix. I had already put dye in the system to find leaks, because its easier to find a leak if the dye is already in the truck before it springs a leak. It was also a good time to blow out all the leaves and grass and bugs out of the radiator with a water hose. I did transfer case fluid and, front differential fluid at 110,000. Transmission fluid and filter at 90,000. I flushed the dexcool out at 145,000 and put new dexcool back in it. Just did rear differential and checked on brakes again but did not replace them at 164,000. I also replaced the left front seat actuator, and have the ventillated seat pads to replace drivers side heated and cooled seats. 

IMG_1636.JPG

That seems pretty good to me. That's alot of miles with very little problems. That's about when I would do all my fluid changes and tune up. It amazes me how many people do that stuff so early. That many miles no catch can? How could that be possible. Lol

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
56 minutes ago, BadBowtie14 said:

I just turned 104K, changed plugs, tranny fluid, differential fluids, and transfer case fluids.  Debated on brake fluid, what are your opinions?

How hard was the spark plug change? Any tips?

Looking to tackle that this spring. Were the plugs fouled? 

4 minutes ago, Ozer said:

How hard was the spark plug change? Any tips?

Looking to tackle that this spring. Were the plugs fouled? 

They were not too bad and it was relatively easy except for the on by the firewall on the passenger side.  It's a bit of a PITA! lol  Loosened it with a socket, then took the wrench off and unscrewed it with just the socket since it is so close to the firewall, and laying across the engine.  

90k on my '14. Personal and industrial construction site use.  Holding up pretty well.  I maintain and keep up with things like no tomorrow though.  Big items were 1- Replacing the rear axle shafts with Yukon's and chasing the axle leak and shaker-ado issue.  99.9% gone.... 2- Lower ball joints bad at 85k.  I'm sure my use and E Load KO'2s didn't help.  Replaced with grease-able Moog's.  Really wish GM would put grease fittings on all the joints like they do on the 2500's.  3- Rear engine oil leak fixed under warranty around 35k.  I guess the early '14's had an oil leak issue on the rear main or flywheel bolts. I talked to the tech who did my truck and he said mine was like the 9th truck he has done for this.  All in all, I have the truck very dialed in for my use and have no plan on getting rid of it soon.  200k/10yrs is what I'm aiming for. 

• Like 1

I just purchased my first truck. 2014 Silverado LTZ Z71 with 115K. Yeah I know, I'm crazy for purchasing a high mileage truck but It's what I wanted for the price. 

After a month of owning this truck I've noticed a few things wrong with the truck. The driver side heated seat and heated mirror does not work. The transmission shifts a little different (harder I suppose) than my parents 2015 2WD Silverado.  And the suspension feels like crap but probably due to the mileage and the leveling kit that was installed by the previous owner. 

I look forward to learning new things about this truck and hope to keep it for a while. 

At this mileage, I guess its time to change all the fluids and plugs but is it too late to due a fluid and filter change on the transmission? I'm not sure if it was ever done since nothing was on the Carfax report.  

110,600 on my 2014 bought in 11/13.

I had a few things replaced under warranty. The only thing I have had to pay for out of pocket is 1/3 the cost to replace my condenser because it cracked like everyone else's around 65k miles. 

I do all my oil changes myself with mobil 1 w/ acdelco filter. had the tranny flushed at dealer and about to have the diffs and t-case flushed as well. I am also about to replace my water pump because the bearings seem to make a weird noises sometimes. So I will replace the coolant and upper and lower radiator hoses along with the belts while I am in there. 

It's been a great truck for me! I leveled it at around 8k miles and put 275 70 18 bfg ko's on it at around 10 miles. Suspension has held up nicely. I do grease my tie rod ends every time I do an oil change and inspect all other ball joint boots and control arm / sway bar bushings while I am there. 

Definitely over 100k. Closing in on 114k now. I got it tuned back in September. I've also had my fair share of issues with my truck. At 105k the condenser sprung a leak at that same weld everyone else has had leak. Then just last month, my AC compressor went out and blew a quarter size hole out the side of it. So not only did I replace the AC compressor, but I had to change out the condenser again to make sure there was no shrapnel in the system. 

Other than the AC issues, the truck has been solid. Changed spark plugs and wires at 100k. Front and rear diffs had fluid changed and now I'm just waiting for my brakes to make one squeak and then I'm putting on powerstop z36 rotors and brakes for the front and back. I have them sitting in a box in my garage.