Anyone Have The New GM Illuminated Bowties?

I bought one of these on ebay for $223 with free shipping from gmpartsdirect.  My truck is scheduled to be delivered next week and I already have a pile of stuff to put on!  I will update this thread with brightness photos when I get it installed.  

These, that are posted, seem to be much brighter than the one I saw the other night, couldn't see it until just before they went by me.  Seeing the ones in this thread, I may just get myself one.  Did any of you do anything to brighten them up, or is that their actual brightness?

They are not as bright as the photos depict. You cannot adjust the intensity either. They are a subtle glow. I’m sure they are made that way so that they don’t interfere with the front end lighting. It’s more like accent lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got my truck over the weekend and installed my bowtie yesterday.  To be honest I didnt think it was working because I could not see it in the sun.  This morning before leaving for work it was not as bright and it appears it is on, but dim like others mentioned.  I'll try to get a night shot tonight.

40632242864_0bc11effef_k.jpg

• 11 months later...

Thank you to all for posting shots of your installed glowties :D

They look cool as heck, though the spacing around the perimeter of the bowtie isn't as clean and tight as my regular bowtie, and the daytime illumination looks a bit purple-y for my liking. May have to chew on it a bit!

This is why I love this forum...had no idea this was even an option for Clyde. Thanks guys!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Joe Walling said:

Does anyone know if a illuminated bowtie for a 2017 Tahoe will work on a 2018 Silverado 

2 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

No, I think the Tahoe version will fit on the HD's, but will not work with the 1500's.

Jim is right, just looked on GM Accessories, they have two different part numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have illuminated black bowtie on 2017 . it seems as though it is only lit up on passenger side. does anyone know how many lights are in this assembly? does anyone know of an exploded view (blueprint, drawing) of what's inside the illumination assembly ???mine was installed new and it doesn't look as bright as any im seeing in this forum. haven't seen any others on the road either..trying to determine if there are bulbs burnt out or if light is supposed to refract to drivers side.just looks half lit up to me?

Edited by google user
more info
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, yesterday afternoon/evening, I finally installed my illuminated bowtie.  After ordering it on 11 November 2019, and waiting for a little over 2 months, having it arrive at the stealership, having it get returned, reordering it, only to find out that they had one in supply stock this whole time. 

Before (original bow tie):

IMG_0744.JPG

Close up:

IMG_0745.thumb.JPG.bc4968c5646bc0734a963cce0d60697a.JPG

AFTER:

IMG_0747.thumb.JPG.9dd50277bc7091ce6c01e73b7ef33f5a.JPG

Illuminated Bow Tie Mod w park.JPG

Edited by Ravenkeeper
  • Like 2