1340 miles and no vibration issues.

I've been extra careful breaking in my new 2016 Sierra and she's been rewarding me with a smoother shifting transmission, zero oil usage to date and a ride quality that's gone from great to fantastic in the short 5 or 6 weeks I have had her. The Line X liner and Line X locking hard folding cover provided even more smoothness and quietness to the ride for sure. Today was the first time I had the truck out on the highway and I wanted to see if there was any vibration issues above 65mph. Well, there weren't any at 65 nor at 70 nor 80. None, zero nada. On the return trip I wasn't even watching the speedo just driving and enjoying an amazingly quiet and soft ride and I knew I must be around 70 again. I looked left at the tach and it read 2000rpm and then over to the speedometer and oops, I was sailing forth at 90 like it was an easy cruise around the block. My 2014 F150 was pretty smooth and good but it was NEVER this smooth and slick and quiet. The ride in the GMC at highway speeds was more like the ride of a 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood back in the day. There was an almost night and day difference in the highway ride quality between the GMC and any other truck I've owned. My Sierra has the six speed trans with 3.42 gears and 5.3l engine. Anyhow, just wanted to share these observations.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relax and enjoy your truck, 99% of owners have no vibration issues! Mine is the best riding vehicle I've ever owned bar none. Don't get wrapped up in all the complaints on Forums, many are Trolls from other brands.Any pictures of your ride?

Just turned 1,000 miles (2 months+ ownership) with no issues and one higher speed trial in the local Interstate @ 75 mph and some lower speeds to 65 mph. It's been all good (fingers crossed) and truck has been near perfect. Nothing is carved in stone yet and this truck has been everything I ever hoped for to date but it is upsetting to me reading other owners unsolved issues.

PS: My truck is quieter and rides better on good roads that my wife's 2012 Toyota Highlander: TINS (This Is No $hit)

Funny I havent taken many pictures yet. I sure have kept her nice and cleaned and waxed though. Here's one before I got the liner and folding hardcover installed.

Asierra4_zpsjzeaqfso.jpg

Detailing is one of my hobbies, weather permitting, it's not everyone's favorite thing to do but on quiet Sprig, Summer and Fall days I find it relaxing to take a couple days to do it inside and out. It gives me much satisfaction and you have to beat the girls off wanting a ride!

:thumbs::D

I've been extra careful breaking in my new 2016 Sierra and she's been rewarding me with a smoother shifting transmission, zero oil usage to date and a ride quality that's gone from great to fantastic in the short 5 or 6 weeks I have had her.

My Sierra has the six speed trans with 3.42 gears and 5.3l engine. Anyhow, just wanted to share these observations.

Ditto with my Silverado at 3500 miles. Maybe I overdid the break-in with changes at 1K and 3K before increasing intervals. But it accelerates, rides and shifts smoother, and brakes better than when at 6 miles. No complaints or problems, only back to the dealer once for the free auto-android software update.

VIN's prefixs' a "1" so it's US built, better fit and finish than my former POS "3" Mexican built Avalanches.

Mine has 2900 miles on it and it rides smooth. I really prefer it over my outgoing Ford. The seats are much more comfortable and the suspension is just great for highway driving. The only misgiving (but not really) I have is the stiffness of the front suspension. I have to crawl over speed bumps or it'll launch me into the ceiling.

Mine has 2900 miles on it and it rides smooth. I really prefer it over my outgoing Ford. The seats are much more comfortable and the suspension is just great for highway driving. The only misgiving (but not really) I have is the stiffness of the front suspension. I have to crawl over speed bumps or it'll launch me into the ceiling.

My 2014 never had any vibration issues nor does the new 2016 after it's first 10,000 miles.

Nether truck burned oil and the new 2016 is getting slightly better MPG to.

I'm starting to think the change to the front bumper with the more flush fog lights may be helping.

The two trucks are virtually the same only the 2016 has 22's so I expected it to be slightly worse not better.

New truck averages out 1 mpg better.

Billy,

As I explained to my wife on rough roads and going over speed bumps: It's still a 4X4 truck! On decent roads, well, it's outstanding so far.

Three years ZERO VIBES!

Congrats on your truck. (That vibration thread has people running scared. Glad you're part of the 99.99%!)

Archived