Mylink Software Update

On the Chevy website it says to log in to Mylink to check and download updates to a USB to update your mylink software. Is this just a feature for the 2017 models? I have a 16 with Apple Carplay.

http://m.chevrolet.com/mylink-bring-your-own-media/faq/updating-mylink.html#.WLM8jstOnqB

• Like 1

On the Chevy website it says to log in to Mylink to check and download updates to a USB to update your mylink software. Is this just a feature for the 2017 models? I have a 16 with Apple Carplay.

http://m.chevrolet.com/mylink-bring-your-own-media/faq/updating-mylink.html#.WLM8jstOnqB

There is nowhere to check for updates when you log in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

On my 16 I have a setting that says software update. When I push it it tells me before I proceed to backup current software to usb. So I put my usb stick in and it says error ??? You guys try that option?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On my 16 I have a setting that says software update. When I push it it tells me before I proceed to backup current software to usb. So I put my usb stick in and it says error ??? You guys try that option?

You may have to format your flash drive using fat32 to do this.

You may have to format your flash drive using fat32 to do this.

Thanks I'll try that. Have you successfully done this ?

Edited by djxn40

Fat32 works for making a backup but it does not do an update. All it does is say that the backup was successful. By the way I have a 2017 with the nav.

Edited by Doug83

Thanks I'll try that. Have you successfully done this ?

I haven’t. And as far as the update, it would need to be loaded to the drive before it could be performed. As the person above said, you could backup using the drive after the format.

• 1 year later...

Just to add a last thing to this thread, I have tried to update the Mylink software using a Cd and did not read it, I suppose I need a .exe file in order to read the update software, which I do not know what is it. I  burn a disc with the Bosch OSS software and trie to uploaded to the car, but did not worked. Any new ideas?

BajaKing

Given that these trucks are hooked to the internet, wouldn’t it just update itself on an ongoing basis?  If not, how would you know you needed to update?  I’ve never seen a message to update and I don’t know of any screen that indicates what version I’m running like the OS on my phone does.  

My Sierra manual just says got to gmc.com. I do have an "Update Software" option in the setting menu of the infotainment system...I pushed it and it says that I already have the latest version. BTW, going to gmc.com is worthless...

Ill take a look with my VCX Nano programmer, love this tool I can program my factory modules with SPS & use GDS2 or tech 2 for diag... depending on year/make/model, I will report back after I take a look sometimes GM has to do a change on a per VIN basis, like the old GMT900's if you added the additional security sensors and tailgate sensor. 

anyone have the GM document of this update, it helps to have the GM software code version ?

Updated!!!

Only update for a 2016 is to fix for audio lock-up issues. 

I think you can even update the key in the ignition chime, otherwise I didn't see anything for my vehicle. 

I am betting you guys are seeing the Navigation update which is via USB. from https://gmnavdisc.navigation.com/en_US/GMNA/USD

Edited by camcamaro1991

On 4/21/2019 at 2:09 PM, GN2018 said:

Given that these trucks are hooked to the internet, wouldn’t it just update itself on an ongoing basis?  If not, how would you know you needed to update?  I’ve never seen a message to update and I don’t know of any screen that indicates what version I’m running like the OS on my phone does.  

I've performed the mylink updates on my 2017 over the air.. I never used a USB stick.. I then set it to auto update.. Since then the SW has always been up to date.

• 7 months later...