Light scratch - can it be fixed by hand?

2 yr old got it with a broom the other day while he was trying to clean up the driveway. It does taper out and get lighter as it continues along the fender. But it was pretty much my fault because I watched him hit my step bars first and thought to myself that he was getting awfully close to my truck. Lesson learned I guess.

My question is, can I fix this by hand and if so, what products exactly do i need to get? I did try some Scratch-X on it already, but only with a terry cloth towel.

20170426_082810_zpsdteaguij.jpg

20170426_090538_zpseak1yrvy.jpg

And would a DA polisher have better results?

Yes.

Wash, clay bar, use DA for glaze, sealant, and a couple coats of wax...would probably be gone if the scratch is on the surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been tossing the idea around of getting the 7424xp. guess this is my excuse.

do you guys have links to the products i would need to add to use it with?

I tried to catch it with my fingernail and I didn't think I could.

use a heavy compound by hand then a heavy swirl/haze remover preferably with a DA polisher, then a lighter polish

yeah, i've been looking at the adam's website. trying to figure out the best place to get pads, compound, polish, sealant, glaze, DA polisher, MF towels, etc. lol

question though, what happens to the clear coat if i'm correcting it? i'm assuming it's getting thinner in those spots?

yeah, i've been looking at the adam's website. trying to figure out the best place to get pads, compound, polish, sealant, glaze, DA polisher, MF towels, etc. lol

question though, what happens to the clear coat if i'm correcting it? i'm assuming it's getting thinner in those spots?

its very minor

Archived